Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, I'm in a bit of a pickle. We are pushing out our Team numbers (call queues) to all our Users favourites in skype for business, these then replicate to the logged in handset. This works great and everyone can easily contact teams from their skype client. To my dismay however the handsets are displaying the Uri of the call queue rather than their name which is not quite as useful... Please can some clever person advise on the fix for this or point me in the right direction?

Handset VVX 401

Current software version: 5.8.0.1284C

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @JoeUser,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Our Support organisation would need to look at this and address this if this is a Bug. Please ensure to open a ticket for this.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Polycom devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply Steffen, I don't think the random seller on Amazon will have any interest in raising ticket on this for me. Not to worry though, I've been on these forums enough times to know not to expect help from Polycom. I posted more in hope that another customer might be able to point me in the right direction than any expectation Polycom would offer offer assistance on their products. I have also raised a ticket with MS Support (although I expect them to point the finger back at Polycom).

It looks like I'm sol at this point and having Team numbers on our handsets is a no go. I'll post back if I find a resolution that might be of use to others though.

HP Recommended

Hello @JoeUser,

I am unsure how you can claim that Polycom is not interested in helping people as this is the reason I asked you to provide the details.

Just as a reminder:

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

Everything is clearly outlined in the above FAQ and we cannot troubleshoot customer issues via the medium of a community.

Purchasing from a source who is not likely to provide any kind of support is kind of counter productive as well.

As already asked please post your serial number so we can verify your entitlement and then point you to an organisation which can open a ticket for you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Also posted here - https://community.polycom.com/t5/Skype-for-Business/VVX-401-Proper-caller-ID-in-SfB-client-toast-for...

Polycom -> this is Microsofts issue. 

Microsoft -> Yes we know about this but we aren't developing SfB any further you will have to wait for Teams. Teams just seems to be re-purposing SfB. 

Meanwhile we have post it notes attached to each phone with hgnn= , hgnn=.

Alternate solution - use boss admin although you can't if your users are on different sip domains. 

Fail. 

HP Recommended

Whilst logging a ticket with Polycom is valid (although met with the standard crossed pointing of fingers) I'm somewhat amazed that since this was reported and that we have moved through many versions of VVX firmware - this basic functionality hasn't been picked up by someone between 'Team Polycom / Microsoft' as a functional and or quality aspect of the delivery?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.