Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Trio 8500 SIP and S4B without switching profile?

Occasional Visitor

Trio 8500 SIP and S4B without switching profile?

Hello,

We have just purchased two Trio 8500 conference phones, as they were reported to work with open SIP and S4B.

I took this to mean you can use one or the other interchangably.

After receiving the devices and trying to set them up, it seems this is not the case.

Is it possible to actually have one profile with both systems available, without having to switch the entire phones profile and reboot?

Thanks

James

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Trio 8500 SIP and S4B without switching profile?

Hello @Cory IT ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

Jan 25, 2016 Question:How many Lines can I register using Polycom phones with Lync Server / Skype for Business server?

Resolution: UC Software 5.8.0 for VVX phones and UC Software 5.5.2 for Polycom Trio added the Hybrid registration feature. Details are in the Admin Guide or => here <= up to 3 different lines. The first one must be Skype for Business / Office 365

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Visitor

Why is this so complicated? Why is it that we can't do this kind of thing either on the phone or web UI, but instead we have to monkey around with config files?

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Cory IT ,

Simply because you "should" know what you are doing before this is just another option via the Web UI or Phone UI.

You can always request a change to the current workflow:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change aka feature request to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

A simple import of the above-linked configuration attached to the FAQ post should suffice.

Our devices are the only ones in the market that support this feature offering a wide range of usability compared to our competition.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4