Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Trio 8800 - Desktop sharing sometimes not fullscreen

Occasional Contributor

Trio 8800 - Desktop sharing sometimes not fullscreen

Hi,

We're currently facing an issue reported by some users.

When they share their desktop, the Trio 8800 does not display the content fullscreen (see attachment).

I wasn't able to reproduce this issue with a Lync 2010 or 2013 client myself.

Does someone know where to look at ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Fabien P.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Occasional Contributor

Re: Trio 8800 - Desktop sharing sometimes not fullscreen

FYI, users reporting this issue found a workaround : decreasing then increasing back their screen resolution.

It fixes the Trio display issue shown in first post attachment.

It only works for their current Lync/Skype meeting ; they have to apply the same changes everytime they connect to a new "Trio 8800 meeting".

Message 2 of 7
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello FabienP,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In addition it would be of interest if the people with issues have more than 1 screen

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 7
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steffen,

UC version of the Trio used is : PolycomRealPresenceTrio-Trio_8800-5.4.3.2007

Users experiencing this issue use only their laptop over WiFi in the meeting room with no other linked screen.

Regards,

Fabien P.

Message 4 of 7

Hello Fabien P.,

we would need you to raise this via your Polycom reseller.

Looking at your account details I believe you are one of our larger customers / partners so could you kindly contact me via Community Mail and provide a MAC Address and your contact details?

It would be of interest what Laptop Make, OS and Screen Resolution is causing this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 5 of 7
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Steffen,

I sent you a PM with more details.

Regards,

Fabien

Message 6 of 7

Hello Fabien P.,

UC Software 5.4.4 is now available and should address your issue.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 7 of 7