Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have recently purchased a couple of Trio 8800 conference call phones, for use in a Skype for Business room system, together with a Logitech SmartDock.

For one of our meeting rooms we also purchased the set of 2 expansion microphones.  However, these leads are only 2.1 metres long, and that's not long enough for our meeting room configuration.  Our meeting room tables are in a U-shape, and we'd like to get an expansion microphone cable from one leg of the U shape across to the other side, which is about 2 metres.  The standard expansion mic cable length is 2.1 metres, and it's therefore currently hanging in mid-air between the two legs of this U-shape.  We would like to run the cable down the table to the floor, then underneath the floor, and back up the table on the other side, so that it's kept neatly out of the way.  The expanion mic would only be about 2.0 to 2.5 metres from the Trio 8800 in a direct line, but the cable itself needs to be longer than that.

I know that there were longer cables available for expansion microphones on some older Polycom conference call phones.  I found several websites offering Polycom p/n 2200-41220-002, which is 4.6 metres in lenth, and which would suit our needs perfectly.  I found a couple of websites promoting this cable as being compatible with the Trio 8800, but most websites only mention compatibility with older SoundStation systems.

Is anybody able to confirm whether Polycom p/n 2200-41220-002 is compatible with the Trio 8800 and its expansion microphones?

If p/n 2200-41220-002 is not compatible with the Trio 8800, could I just use a standard extension cable to increase the reach?  From what I can see, it looks like a standard RJ9/RJ10 style plug (4P4C or 4-position 4-conductor), but potentially with a custom pin-out.  Even if it's a custom pin-out, I'm assuming that if I add a standard 4P4C extension cable, the pin-outs would still be correct at the end of the extension cable.

Or could I have a custom cable built, using standard RJ9/RJ10 plugs, with whatever pin-outs are used on the standard cable?

What are the potential risks of a longer cable?  Would I risk having audio feedback, power loss etc.?

Thanks in advance to anybody who takes the time to help me out with this question.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello all,

as already stated by @mschulze

Cable-Two (2) expansion microphone cables, 2.1m/7ft for SoundStation VTX 1000, SoundStation2 EX, SoundStation2W (Expandable), SoundStation Duo, RP Trio 8800, Polycom Trio 8500 and SoundStation IP 6000 2200-41220-001
Cable-Two (2) expansion microphone cables, 4.5m/15ft for SoundStation VTX 1000, SoundStation2 EX, SoundStation2W (Expandable), SoundStation Duo, SoundStation IP 6000, RP Trio 8800, Polycom Trio 8500 and CX3000

2200-41220-002

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Skype_Convert,

yes, you can use 2200-41220-002 with Trio. This cable is for use with Soundstations and Trio.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

as already stated by @mschulze

Cable-Two (2) expansion microphone cables, 2.1m/7ft for SoundStation VTX 1000, SoundStation2 EX, SoundStation2W (Expandable), SoundStation Duo, RP Trio 8800, Polycom Trio 8500 and SoundStation IP 6000 2200-41220-001
Cable-Two (2) expansion microphone cables, 4.5m/15ft for SoundStation VTX 1000, SoundStation2 EX, SoundStation2W (Expandable), SoundStation Duo, SoundStation IP 6000, RP Trio 8800, Polycom Trio 8500 and CX3000

2200-41220-002

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks to mschultze and SteffenBaierUK for their feedback.

I have ordered a set of these longer cables from our supplier, and I'll test them later this week.  Hopefully they should work fine.

Most web stockists don't show these cables as being compatible with the Trio 8800.  I even called one web reseller last week, and they told me that these cables definitely were not compatible with the Trio 8800.

It seems like Polycom perhaps need to update the details somewhere for these cables, so that their resellers know that they are compatible, and display them as such on their websites.  Polycom's own website could also do with making it clearer that these cables are available, and compatible with the Trio systems. 

As soon as I have been able to test our new cables, I'll post a reply back on this forum to confirm this issue as Solved.

Thanks once again for your help.

HP Recommended

I also found Polycom p/n 2200-40017-003, which is 7.6 metres long.  Is that one also compatible with the Trio expansion microphones?

HP Recommended

Hello @Skype_Convert,

no it is not

Cable - Two (2) expansion microphone cables, 25ft/7.5m for SoundStation IP 7000. 2200-40017-003

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I received and installed the 4.5m/15ft cables today (2200-41220-002).  They work fine.  

Thanks for your help with this.  I have flagged this in the forum as resolved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.