Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We just purchased a used Trio 8800 for our development efforts against Skype for Business (our software helps provision/manage users & phones in multiple phone systems).  However, I did not know about the different license needed for Skype for Business on the Trio 8800.  Is there an easy way to determine if ours has this license or if we will need to purchase one?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello smccloud,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Trio should be fine with no additional license.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

SteffenBaierUK,

Will this be true even if we decide to use it in one of our conference rooms as a combination production/development phone for more then 30 days?  I have read online that after 30 days it will no longer function with Skype for Business.

HP Recommended

Hello smccloud,

As far as I am aware the per device Skype for Business license is already included within the Trio. You may want to post your MAC address so I can double check.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The LAN MAC is 00:04:F2:FC:BF:33

HP Recommended

We purchased a Trio 8800 from a supplier and it was shipped as generic.  I updated the network settings to Skype for Business and it is working ok, but there is nothing on the license screen.  I am not getting any response from the supplier on the my questions regarding the license.  I have reached out to other Polycom partners and seem to be getting mixed information.  Can you please confirm is a license is required for the Polycom Trio 8800 for Skype for Business (on-prem)?

HP Recommended

Hello @CBarnes,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As a final answer, both the Trio SKU 2200-66070-001 aka the Generic Base Profile and the Skype for Business SKU 2200-66070-019 have the relevant license already so there is no additional license required and neither displayed.

The above is applicable to the Trio 8800 or the Trio 8500.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.