Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all -

I feel like I've accomplished quite a bit this week - I've gotten my RealPresence Trio 8800 set up with Office 365 and Skype for Business PSTN Calling and PBX Cloud. I have assigned a phone number to the unit for PSTN calling.

Two questions I'd like to address:

1. When I call out to a cellphone from the Polycom unit, it shows up as "Unknown". I'd love for it to show the actual phone number assigned to the unit. How would I go about this?
  2. Is it possible to call out to a skype username from the phone? When you click place a call, theres a keyboard where I can type ABC characters. If I wanted to voice call a skype username (ie "joesmith123" instead of a phone number"), how could I set this up on the Polycom

Specs:

Polycom RealPresence Trio 880, 5.4.1 - most up to date released software

Office 365 E1 Enterprise

Skype for Business PSTN

Skype for Business PBX Cloud

Note: we don't have our own Lync server, just running through Microsoft's through Lync sign-in

Thanks!

Mike

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi

How did you do? I'm trying to do the same thing but I'm going crazy

Thanks
Vincenzo

HP Recommended

Hello vbarbieri,

I replied => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

ok for connect to office365 but for to connect to office 365 pstn?

Thanks

Vincenzo

HP Recommended

Hello Vincenzo,

this account to my knowledge is an Office PSTN account.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Vincenzo - Your Office 365 account must have PSTN enabled/purchased and assigned to the user you signed into Office365 with.

Steffen (or others) - This allows me to make voice calls to phone numbers, but not Skype usernames. Any advice on how to configure calling to Skype usernames.

Also, any idea on how to make the call out not show up as "Unknown" when calling a phone?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello MichaelRosenthal,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Unknown would be something you would need to work with our Partner Microsoft with as they own the infrastructure behind the Skype setup.

In regards of dialing someone like username@domain.com would only work in my experience if they are federated with you.

I had tried this in the past with my own Office365 account and I can dial my Polycom account with no issues.

I suggest you check with Microsoft on this as well.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

On point 2, it should be possible, but isn't working for me.

Last year Microsoft added the @SkypeIDs.net domain for federation with legacy consumer Skype names that hadn't yet been paired with a Microsoft Account.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn705313.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

So dialling in joesmith123@skypeids.net should call that person on their consumer Skype account.

That works fine from Skype for Business 2015 on Windows, but calling from Trio 8800's is being weird for me. From one phone it works with video sometimes, from another it always connects as audio-only. Calls from the Skype consumer client to MeetingRoom1@MyCompany.com make the Trio ring, but drop out as soon as they're answered. It's all... odd. It feels a bit like NAT traversal issues, except the Trio should be using the Skype4B Edge server, which has a public IP on it's WAN side.

Calls from Skype 7.30.0.103 to Skype for Business 16.0.7329.1015 are fine and have video regardless of which end initiates the call, so the PCI federation setup must be OK. To be clear these are all point-to-point calls, not trying to dial into a meeting.

I've tested with 5.4.3.2389 and 5.4.3.2400 on the Trio 8800's.

HP Recommended

Hello RyanTrainor,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I believe we do not state support for Skype consumer so I would suggest you raise this as a feature request.

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

I believe we do not state support for Skype consumer so I would suggest you raise this as a feature request.

Hi Steffen,

I didn't realise it was a separate feature. I thought if Federation worked for video calls then it should work for either MyPartnerCompany.com or SkypeIDs.net. I've tested with other federated domains from our Trio 8800 and they seem to be working fine, it's just the Skype consumer PIC federation that's not. Or, more annoyingly, it's working from one of our phones, but not from several others.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.