Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Trio 8800 and visual+ Multicast pairing issue

Occasional Contributor

Trio 8800 and visual+ Multicast pairing issue

We are unsuccessful in pairing a Trio 8800 and Visual+ running UCS 5.8.0.15024 when the Cisco Switching vlan is setup as (int vlan1 ip pim sparse-dense-mode), both device connected on the same vlan, same switch but different ports.  When we daisy chain the Visual+ off the Trio, it works no problem.  On other VLAN without specific multicast configurations, the device are able to pair and function normally.  It only fails with (int vlan1 ip pim sparse-dense-mode) but that is required on the VLAN for Informacast and other devices using multicast.  These other systems are functioning as expected but the Trio and Visual+ won't pair. 

Using SFB 2015 OnPrem. 

We're seeing the following message in the switch logging 

IGMPSN: Received IGMPv2 Report for group 224.0.0.200 received on Vlan 1, port Gi1/0/7

IGMPSN: group: Received IGMPv2 report for group 224.0.0.200 from Client <IP> received on Vlan 1, port Gi1/0/7 with invalid group address

We have seen VOIP-120051 but that doesn't correct the problem.

Would appreciaite some feedback from the community if it's out there.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Trio 8800 and visual+ Multicast pairing issue

Hello @JSKY ,

welcome back to the Polycom community.

Some or a couple of your old post(s) or reply(s) to them => here <= are still open / pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provided some form of feedback or answer.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate ?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilise the community more efficiently. Please do not simply mark them without any type of feedback.

For your new issue VOIP-120051 refers to a Juniper Switch => issue <=

I never had a case where the Visual+ was unable to pair but in order to do this it uses Multicast. I also did not find any reference to "sparse-dense-mode" internally so I can only suggest you get this into support so we can clarify this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Contributor

I have opened a case with my support provider.

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @JSKY ,

Please ensure to share the Polycom case reference once your reseller provides this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4