Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We are running 5.45.9188, and have noticed that when a user shares their screen into the meeting via Skype for Business, and the content contains video, that the call will begin to experience audio dropouts.    We know that the Trio is not designed to share video, however, it's surprising that the unit does not prioritize audio over video correctly.  This is all on a 1GB connected network, so no bandwidth issues.

Are there any settings that can be modified to affect the behavior in this situation?  I'm trying to avoid opening yet another Polycom ticket, assuming it's another bug.

Thank you,

Phillip

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Philip,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Are you using any kind of QoS ?

Many factors could cause what you are describing and in an optimal network no dropouts should happen.

We have had many cases in support where we had been told bandwidth is not an issue only to find afterwards that the network was never up to spec.

The only way we, Polycom support, can fix this is via a ticket. We need logs and possibly our own accounts etc and this is simply not possible via a free community forum.

I explain this here in detail:

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Fine, I'll open another ticket.   Probably will turn out to be another bug, since I'm 2 for 2 so far.  

If you go back a few years, you'll see Polycom responses where they actually provided suggestions to members with things to try.  Lately it seems like it's 90% "open a ticket".  That's really too bad.

HP Recommended

Hello Philip,

we do try and create FAQ posts whenever there is an issue affecting more than one customer and how to avoid it.

So far you have neither answered any follow up questions or posted any logs within this post. We cannot help you if you do not even attempt to get into a dialog.

Please post your Polycom ticket reference so I can look into this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.