Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We also did some more testing to see if Teams calls would work with the latest firmware (5.9.0.11398) without Visual+ module connected to it but result is still the same.

Here are the test results:

1. Polycom Trio 8800 with Visual+ module: Firmware 5.8.0.15232

Microsoft Teams calls with video works without any issues (no single call drop).

2. Polycom Trio 8800 with Visual+ module: Firmware 5.9.0.11398

Microsoft Teams calls randomly drops (multiple times within 10 minutes testing).

3. Polycom Trio 8800 without Visual+ module: Firmware 5.9.0.11398

Microsoft Teams calls randomly drops (multiple times within 10 minutes testing).

Regards,

Atish

HP Recommended

Hello @Atish ,

welcome back to the Poly Community.

Did you see the reply => here <= ?

You have 3 options:

• Try the advised steps in the reply
  • Downgrade to 5.8.0
  • Open a ticket

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

For disclosure @Atish and I work together.

I disagree with your statement that end customers are not able to contact support.  We purchased all our Trio's via authorized Polycom partners with Polycom Premier support agreements for end customers (e.g., SKU 4870-23450-103) so that we can call support.

Regardless, support does not want to help because they say it is unsupported (see ticket 1-12435852651).  If it is unsupported, then the Trio should not accept the Teams meetings in the first place: it should ignore them and only offer one-touch join for SfB meetings.  And why is it rock solid on 5.8 but unstable on 5.9?

As to your previous suggestion that it is Microsoft's fault as they are dropping video calls at the 3PIP gateway, I have additional questions:

1. Why does that only happen on 5.9?
  2. Why does the Trio have a conniption when this happens: disconnecting both the SfB line and secondary SIP line completely and re-registering?  I don't think Microsoft hanging up the call would cause this behaviour.

Let's re-cap where the Trio is currently at with Teams support:

• In Skype for Business mode on v5.8: reads calendar for one-touch join, audio works, video works, no screen share, unsupported by Poly, will be cut-off by Microsoft on January 15th, 2020 (reference).
  • In Skype for Business mode on v5.9: reads calendar for one-touch join, audio works, video works, no screen share, unsupported by Poly, will repeatedly crash on any Teams call, including audio only (and even with Visual+ disconnected).
  • In Teams mode: reads calendar for one-touch join, audio works, no video, no screen share, Visual+ not supported by Polycom (e.g., meaning not even as an audio path to overhead speakers), not certified by Microsoft.

So really there is no good solution for your customers at this moment and the primary interest of Poly seems to be to deny help because it is "unsupported" or deny there is a problem at all with the firmware.  I appreciate SfB to Teams is a journey that is not over for Poly, but it is also is for your customers and your customers end-users and as our UC vendor we need your help!

We have invested a lot in Poly, and have been eagerly awaiting Poly's full line of Teams-native hardware to make new investments in Poly equipment.  But this kind of support makes me question if Poly will be the right partner for us in the future.

HP Recommended

Hello @doug_CAN  and @Atish ,

I was not aware that you have such contract and have since then changed my Macro outlining that end customer "usually" are unable to open a ticket with us.

At no point, as an example, did you explain that you are using a hybrid registration as you never attached a backup.

• Hybrid registrations have some caveats, which are explained in the publicly available Guides and in the FAQ, so please ensure you are not hitting one of these.

• Have you tried to utilize the suggested configuration as of yet?

• The Trio simply parses an Exchange meeting and is not aware if this specifically is a Teams meeting or not

• We are tied down by restrictions that our Partner Microsoft chose to make so unfortunately unless customers complain to Microsoft about these we can only follow these.

I am unsure what you mean by this:

• will be cut-off by Microsoft on January 15th, 2020 (reference).

I am personally based in Europe where the ticket was opened in North America. I will try and communicate with the team handling the case as I do not fully agree on closing it.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Doug, there are two things here I want to clarify.

Firstly, the behavior you were seeing previously was unintended and never supported (and never will be as per Microsoft).  When any phone previously qualified for Skype for Business Online (3PIP) is registered to a SfB Online account it can join Teams meetings by way of backend SIP-to-Teams connectivity that Microsoft inherently provides in O365.  But this gateway capability they deployed only supports audio, it does not support video or content sharing.  Unfortunately, Microsoft did not design this gateway to correctly ignore or strip SDP messages for video or content and in some cases video (but never content sharing) was able to connect through the gateway.  Neither Microsoft nor any 3PIP phone partners can or will support anything other than audio into Teams meetings. The only supported approach for a video-enabled Trio is to leverage a Cloud Video Interop (CVI) service to properly (and in a supported fashion) join Microsoft Teams meetings, of which the Poly RealConnect Service is now provided to you for free for each Trio or Group Series product you own, up until June of next year.

Secondly, that all being said, the Trio should still correctly join a Teams meeting by way of SfB Online registration over audio only.  If you are seeing it repeatedly crashing (after enabling the provided parameter to disable video) then support should be offering assistance here.  

Also, to directly address the three bullet-points in your previous message:

1. I do not understand what you are referring to with the statement by "will be cut off on January 15th, 2020".  The provided reference is simply the Poly Trio 5.9.0 Release Notes and I cannot find anything referring to that date.

2. The Trio should never crash, so once it's configured to disable video if it's still crashing then our support team should assist with this.  If you get any push-back, please tell them to reach out to me directly.

3. The native Teams application on the Trio will only ever support audio, video is not provided, nor allowed by Microsoft here.  This is not something Poly can support.  The only phones running the native Teams Android application which will be allowed to support video are IP handsets with embedded video cameras, not the Trio which is a modular meeting room solution.  Group conferencing room solutions must leverage the Windows-based Microsoft Teams Room platform to be natively supported for Microsoft Teams.  Again, this is Microsoft's design and we cannot support solutions outside of those parameters.

As you can see this is a complex scenario due to the wholesale change from Skype for Business to Teams, and Poly will have native solutions coming to market to address this.  In the meantime, we are offering RealConnect for free to bridge that gap as we know that the transition from Skype to Teams in these meeting solutions was not ideal given the previous flexibility and momentum available with Skype that is coming to an abrupt end with Teams.

HP Recommended

Steffen and Jeff: Thank you for the replies.

Sorry to sow confusion: I had two Polycom PDFs open and mistakenly linked to the wrong one.  What my statement is based on is this document: Regarding Microsoft Online Device Registration
with OAuth 2.0 via 3rd party Azure Application ID (TECHNICAL ADVISORY- 137008).  In this document, it states we will need to be on 5.9.1+ firmware before January 15, 2020 or the Trio's will no longer register to Office 365.  This is why I don't accept advice to just "go back to 5.8.0" as that only gives us six months.

Jeff: Thank you for the clear explanation about what will and will not be possible, and why Teams has operated as it has to date.  Our Poly account manager told us about RealConnect last year, but the cost was high for us (hard to size for our number of rooms given that cost), and when we realized Teams was working with video I told him we saw no need for it.  We will look into RealConnect more now as Teams-only mode will definitely never be something we want to do on our Trio's given we would lose video and all support for the Visual+.  Even if we could give up video, in our large boardrooms we use the Visual+ to tie into amplified overhead speakers and we definitely cannot lose that.

A question about the settings that Steffen has advised to apply:

• reg.1.video.enabled 0
  • reg.1.content.bfcp.enabled 0
  • content.vbss.enable 0
  • content.autoAccept.rdp 0

Would setting these not impact SfB calls as well (i.e., we need RealConnect in place to do video from both SfB and Teams if these are set)?

Lastly, a further development on the Poly support side: after escalating to our Poly SE and AM, we have a case opened again to continue to troubleshoot the crashing issue on both 5.9 firmwares.

HP Recommended

I have a quite similar scenario:

• Trio running version 5.9.0.11398 and registered to SFB Online only (no other SIP line configured)
  • We have a license for Real Connect for Teams

Trio can connect to Teams with no problem. Audio and Video is OK.

Once you add a participant or share content, Trio will be disconnected from the call. 

Please kindly advise if this setup is a supported by Polycom.

HP Recommended

I would like to share an update on this.  Since my posts in June we've been engaged with Poly support on this issue.  Poly eventually had us open a case with Microsoft so Poly support could troubleshoot directly in our O365 tenant.

We got this from Poly support today:

Our engineering team confirmed that Microsoft doesn’t support UPDATE methods so we’re reverting our change from it looks like from the engineering cases.

We are targeting version 5.9.1 for the fix. Estimated time for delivery currently is early September. As we approach September, I will share a more firm date, then once the software becomes available I will share it with you.

Thank you for being patience while we worked through this, also thank you for working close to us and getting all the data we had requested! I can say that your support helped us make our product better and more compatible with other platforms.

It feels good to know this was not our network, our configuration of the Trio's or anything else we could control!

Alongside the support case, we also worked with Poly sales engineering to get RealConnect setup and have just rolled it out to all our Trio-equipped meeting rooms and to all our O365 users.

HP Recommended

Same issue for us

HP Recommended

Hello @shafeeque ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Just as an FYI you responded to a nearly 4-year-old topic with absolutely no details.

Both the communities Must Read First or Read 1st and if available the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow-up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow-up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

Unfortunately, your post fell a bit short of the above-explained requirements and we kindly ask you, therefore, to ensure to read these sections and ensure a reply (not Edit!) provides as much detail as possible

Please ensure you familiarise yourself with the FAQs listed in my signature for your convenience.

The best and quickest way forward is to contact our Support organisation as the community is run by volunteers only.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.