Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have 50+ Trio's and they all are having the same issue when involved in a Microsoft Teams meeting. Upon clicking "join" the Trio attempts to join the meeting but after a few seconds it disconnects (see attached video "Trio_Video"). We have various firmware versions on our Trio's including 5.7,5.8, and 5.9 and the behavior is the same on all of them. Note that all the Trio's work perfectly when using a Skype Meeting.

Our initial troubleshooting invovled bringing a Trio off our network to try to isolate the problem and I found that from my house a Trio (with same exact configuration, no changes) was indeed able to join a Teams meeting successfully. 

We use a Palo Alto firewall and after packet captures/logs we found that no traffic was being blocked/denied by the palo. After further troubleshooting & testing we found that the issue was actually being cause by NAT. When we assign the Trio's a public address the Teams call works fine. However this is not a practical solution for us due to the number of Trio's we have. We tried configuring the Trio NAT settings on "Settings" -> "Network" -> "NAT" by inputing the external address that the trio gets NAT'ed to but no luck. I guess this could be caused by our Palo but it seems odd so curious if anybody else has saw anything simliar in their environment? It seems like the the combination of Teams & NAT just doesn't play nice with a Trio.

I enabled SIP debugging on the Trios and compared a Teams meeting (fail) vs a Skype meeting (success) and the only difference is the following two lines.

TEAMS - FAIL

a=candidate:5 1 UDP 1694498559 *OUR PUBLIC IP* 40162 typ prflx raddr *OUR PUBLIC IP* rport 4790

a=candidate:5 2 UDP 1694498559 *OUR PUBLIC IP* 15867 typ prflx raddr *OUR PUBLIC IP* rport 28497

SKYPE - SUCCESS

a=candidate:1 1 UDP 2130706175 *OUR PUBLIC IP* 27385 typ prflx raddr *TRIO Private IP* rport 50006

a=candidate:1 2 UDP 2130706175 *OUR PUBLIC IP* 62838 typ prflx raddr *TRIO Private IP* rport 50007

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @JordonH21 ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

I suggest you get this into support.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Did you ever resolve this? We are looking at rolling Teams out  and are seeing very similar symptoms. Skype works perfectly, Teams disconnects after clicking the join button and we also use Palo Alto firewalls.

HP Recommended

Yes, I got this resolved by creating an application override for all SIP traffic with a source of our Trio subnet. See attached picture.

HP Recommended

Also I forgot to mention, you have to make sure all your Trio's are on 5.7. Once you upgrade to 5.9 it breaks teams.

So in summary.

1. Application override on the Palo resolves the disconnect at join issue

2. Making sure your Trios are on 5.7 otherwise there will be random disconnects in the middle of a teams call.

We have been doing these two things for a month with 50+ Trios with no issues.

HP Recommended
Hello

Teams is only supported since 5.9.0 so you are running an unsupported configuration. When you find issues with Teams in 5.9.0 please report them to Microsoft via the teams app and work with Microsoft.

Replied via a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We are running the "skype for business" profile but in a mixed environment where we need to support both Skype and Teams meetings at the same time. Switching to "Teams" profile does not allow our Trio's to support Skype meetings.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.