Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Trio 8800 unable to join Teams Meetings - Disconnects immediately after joining - NAT?

Occasional Visitor

Trio 8800 unable to join Teams Meetings - Disconnects immediately after joining - NAT?

We have 50+ Trio's and they all are having the same issue when involved in a Microsoft Teams meeting. Upon clicking "join" the Trio attempts to join the meeting but after a few seconds it disconnects (see attached video "Trio_Video"). We have various firmware versions on our Trio's including 5.7,5.8, and 5.9 and the behavior is the same on all of them. Note that all the Trio's work perfectly when using a Skype Meeting.

Our initial troubleshooting invovled bringing a Trio off our network to try to isolate the problem and I found that from my house a Trio (with same exact configuration, no changes) was indeed able to join a Teams meeting successfully. 

We use a Palo Alto firewall and after packet captures/logs we found that no traffic was being blocked/denied by the palo. After further troubleshooting & testing we found that the issue was actually being cause by NAT. When we assign the Trio's a public address the Teams call works fine. However this is not a practical solution for us due to the number of Trio's we have. We tried configuring the Trio NAT settings on "Settings" -> "Network" -> "NAT" by inputing the external address that the trio gets NAT'ed to but no luck. I guess this could be caused by our Palo but it seems odd so curious if anybody else has saw anything simliar in their environment? It seems like the the combination of Teams & NAT just doesn't play nice with a Trio.

I enabled SIP debugging on the Trios and compared a Teams meeting (fail) vs a Skype meeting (success) and the only difference is the following two lines.

TEAMS - FAIL

a=candidate:5 1 UDP 1694498559 *OUR PUBLIC IP* 40162 typ prflx raddr *OUR PUBLIC IP* rport 4790

a=candidate:5 2 UDP 1694498559 *OUR PUBLIC IP* 15867 typ prflx raddr *OUR PUBLIC IP* rport 28497

SKYPE - SUCCESS

a=candidate:1 1 UDP 2130706175 *OUR PUBLIC IP* 27385 typ prflx raddr *TRIO Private IP* rport 50006

a=candidate:1 2 UDP 2130706175 *OUR PUBLIC IP* 62838 typ prflx raddr *TRIO Private IP* rport 50007

1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Trio 8800 unable to join Teams Meetings - Disconnects immediately after joining - NAT?

Hello @JordonH21 ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

I suggest you get this into support.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2