Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Also - has anyone noticed that the Shared option is gone in the newer firmware? Could that be an issue?

Thanks, just tearing our hair out.

HP Recommended

Ha, another followup. 

Do we need to create a brand new cfg file to apply the change?

We added  feature.da.enabled="0"  to our main config, as well as adding the same to our disable-pec.cfg we created a couple years ago:

<polycomConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="polycomConfig.xsd">

<pec
pec.enabled="0"
/>

<test
feature.da.enabled="0"

</polycomConfig>
/>

Is that going to cut it?

HP Recommended

Hello @phake ,

Stating the latest software does not help others when finding this post in days, weeks, months or years to come as they do not know what software mentioned was current at the time of writing.

Please therefore always post the exact complete build id.

Therefore the Poly VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

My colleague Brandon posted >here< what parameter is required to optimize the Trio until Microsoft releases the fix.

Unzip the attached and import via Utilities > Import & Export Configuration > Import Configuration

Issues with Teams must be reported to Microsoft as explained here:

July 31. 2019 Question: How can I report Issues with Teams running on a Poly Trio in Native mode?

Resolution: Please collect the Logs as shown here => here <=  and submit them to our Partner Microsoft. You will need to work with Microsoft for this via the explained method >here<.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks!

Sorry, confused, I did state the firmware id. Here's where were at:

Poly_UC_Software_5_9_1_10906_AB_Trio8800_release

Right, no dice on having both  <pec pec.enabled="0" /> and <test feature.da.enabled="0" /> in a config file. It still logs out.

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Issues with Teams must be reported to Microsoft as explained here:

July 31. 2019 Question: How can I report Issues with Teams running on a Poly Trio in Native mode?

Resolution: Please collect the Logs as shown here => here <=  and submit them to our Partner Microsoft. You will need to work with Microsoft for this via the explained method >here<.

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the direction.

I mean, are you experiencing this even with PEC disabled/Feature.da disabled? Is Shared mode gone?

HP Recommended

Hello @phake ,

I am unsure if you are asking myself a question but it is difficult to do this sort of dialogue via the medium of a community forum.

There is no longer a specific mode as the Trio device is classed as a shared device and therefore the Teams APK running on the Trio no longer offers this choice.

Issues with Trio and Teams need to be reported as described above as only our Partner Microsoft can address these.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK 

Ok, thanks for the direction and further info on the Shared mode expectations going foward with Teams on a Trio 8800. 

We'll hit up Microsoft support. 

Any other help we can do on the Trio's to disabled PEC? Should we import that cfg even though PEC is depreciated in the newer firmwares?

HP Recommended

Hello @phake ,

as outlined throughout this post please use the attached file posted by myself >here< and mentioned configuration by my colleague.

The next step is to work with Microsoft.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended
Hello, I am following up on this thread as this is exactly the issue we are having at our company. Here are my questions. We have upgraded our Poly Trio 8800/8500 devices to firmware 5.9.1.11135 - is this the fix for the auto logout issues within Microsoft Teams? If it is not, within which exported .cfg file would I modify to correct this issue? I have five different files I can export from the device. They are; All Configuration (except device settings), Config Files, Local, Web, SIP, or Device settings. I want to apply this fix to the .cfg and import it back into the device. Does the device require a restart after the config is imported?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.