Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Trio UC Software 5.7.1 Rev AC - warning

Occasional Advisor

Trio UC Software 5.7.1 Rev AC - warning

Hello,

since I can't comment on the Software post Software-Trio-UC-Software-5-7-1-Rev-AC, thought I'd make people aware. We have upgraded all our Trios to the above version of firmware and have 2 die on us.

First was a Trio in our french office, can't even reset, trying to reset and holding the screen for ages does nothing, eventually it goes into Android error pic on screen.

Second one was Vision+ unit, seems to die as soon as we plug it in.

Not sure what's wrong with them as they are both being shipped to me(no local IT presence) but both of them died as soon as the update was applied. Hoping to reset both as they are out of warranty; for now we've pulled this firware upgrade from our provisioning server.

TrioIssue.jpg

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Trio UC Software 5.7.1 Rev AC - warning

Hello @zepattuser,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

What are the Mac's of these units as we need to get this into support. I will contact you directly via Email as well.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 6
Frequent Advisor

I have about 12 deployed with this firmware and didn't see any of the referenced failures - of course, that doesn't mean there isn't a problem.  

@zepattuser, what build were you on prior to the upgrade?

Message 3 of 6
Occasional Visitor

I'm getting exactly the same problem. It's just goes in a reboot loop, stopping on the dead android man logo for a few mintues then reboots. It also won't enter recovery mode when pressing the corners at startup. 

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @ChrisTheron,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Polycom has identified certain corner cases and fixed this issue in a new version.

For your current unit only a RMA will get this changed. Please work with your Polycom reseller and quote EN-107857 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 5 of 6
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the quick reponse Steffen.

Does that mean the reseller will need to replace the unit even if it's out of warranty?

Message 6 of 6