Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Trio UC Software 5.8.0 bug with Logitech C930e

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Trio UC Software 5.8.0 bug with Logitech C930e

Hi,

I just upgraded two Polycom Trio 8800 with the latest 5.8.0 version. It seems to have a bug with the Logitech C930e Camera connected via Visual+.

When you plug the camera in the Visual+, it displays a black square in the corner, and then comes the logo with the striked camera (the same logo when the camera is disabled).

When you start a call, people can see you but you don't see your own local image (the PIP is displaying the striked camera).

Nothing happens if you select Menu/Stop my camera or Menu/Start my camera, except that the video is indeed sended or not. But no impact on local feedback.

Is it just me or it is a bug in the new version ?

Thanks a lot !

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Occasional Advisor

Re: Trio UC Software 5.8.0 bug with Logitech C930e

Some more testing : my trio is in "Skype for enterprise" mode. The local video feedback is displaying correctly only once a Sype call take place. Before the camera is always showing the striked camera logo.

When I try an OpenSIP call (Trio connected to DMA), the local camera feedback keeps displaying the striked camera, event if the far end can see me.

Message 2 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @QuentinDavid,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I am quite sure our internal testing would have tested this thoroughly before releasing the software so this may be something in your configuration.

As we cannot deal with support issues via the community please raise a ticket for this.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Polycom devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 4
Occasional Advisor

Indeed I purchased a Partner Premier support contract, so I will deal with my reseller. But as the issue is so evident, I wanted to know if someone was able to reproduce.

I will try to do a factory restore and see if it still happen.

Thanks for your support.

Message 4 of 4