Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Polycom Trio device (5.4.0.12856)

It seems as the Trio is behaving like a Lync 2010 client when logging in, e.g. looking for sipinternal.domain.com rather than the Lync 2013 lyncdiscoverinternal.domain.com DNS entry.

Is the logon process for the Trio devices documented in detail somewhere?

/mk

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Kressmark,

As already mentioned by myself in your other post you are not using the latest software on your Trio so I can only suggest to upgrade to the currently latest released 5.4.1.17597.

The Trio itself should use the same method as our VVX phones as both have archived the Microsoft 3PIP qualification.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

Unfortunately I do not really understand your comment.

Is the logon process for the Trio devices documented in detail in documentation included with version 5.4.1.17597?

or

Since the Trio use the same method as the VVX phones, can we find detailed documentation about the logon process included with some VVX software?

/mk

HP Recommended

Hello Kressmark,

I do not believe we ever documented the logon process as we simply follow Microsofts best practise in order to archive our 3PIP qualification.

We initially started supporting LYNC 2010 with our VVX phones so therefore this may be the reason we use what you called LYNC 2010 method.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

Ok, I do understand there are probably historical / leagcy reasons as to why the Trio (released in 2015) is mimicking the login process of a client built around 5 years earlier.

However, now the Microsoft product have moved on 3 years ago and changed the login process as seen if you compare these two articles:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398758%28v=ocs.14%29.aspx
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398758%28v=ocs.15%29.aspx

and this is not getting any better by the fact that mobile clients beahves different from these.

In any case when troubleshooting login issues it would be good to understand how this works for the Trio device.

I doubt that you have any "best practices" from Microsoft in writing, but whatever we can find to explain this is better than nothing.

/mk

HP Recommended

Hello Kressmark,

The Trio, like the CX5500, shares the same UC Software codebase as the VVX phones so them using the same method therefore makes sense.

In addition Microsoft has certain requirements for its partners to pass the 3PIP qualification and I am not aware of any complaints from Microsofts end so far in regards how we sign into LYNC or their Skype for Business servers.

If you want to discuss this in more details I suggest you seek our Microsoft guru's blogs => here <= and => here <= as they work very close with the teams at MSFT.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

The latest 3PIP qualification specifications from Microsoft (of which are only shared with partners in the program) basically still only require that the legacy SRV/A lookup process is used.  As of yet Microsoft has not ammended or replaced that with the 'lyncdiscover/lyncdiscoverinternal' process for hitting the web services.  The phones continue to discover the actual SIP registrar directly (Lync Phone Edition, VVX, Trio, CX5500, etc).

They follow the same process as the clients all do; looking for the specific SRV records defined for FE and Edge pools, then falling back to sip.<sipdomain> FQDNs to find these pools directly.

For this reason, among others, I still treat defining these legacy SRV/A records in DNS as a best practice even today.  For Office 365 tenants it's a little different as the phones (again both LPE and VVX/Trio/CX5500) are hard-coded with instructions on how to locate the SfB Edge services directly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.