Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

UCS 6.0.0 enhancedFeatureKeys not working

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

UCS 6.0.0 enhancedFeatureKeys not working

I have enabled Enhanced Feature Keys via a provisioning server. This has worked for 2 years now. But I just upgraded several phones from UCS 5.6.0 to 6.0.0 and the enhanced feature is not showing.

I noticed this that the softkey "Directory" has dissappeared on the phone. When I check the web interface of the phone the options "Soft Key Configuration" and "Line Key Configuration" are no longer present. With UCS 5.6.0 the options are still there.

When I donwload the config of the phone with 6.0.0 there is a line with feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"

Is the option <feature feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1" /> still enough with 6.0.0 or do I have to add some other options?

Before upgrade

UC Software Version 5.6.0.17325

Updater Version 5.8.0.19248

After upgrade

UC Software Version 6.0.0.4796

Updater Version 6.0.0.4604

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: UCS 6.0.0 enhancedFeatureKeys not working

Hello @ababo ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

I am quite sure we removed these features when the phone is running in Skype for Business Base Profile. We had too many customer escalations where users configured things that were not supported via Skype using these menus.

You can still import via the Web Interface EFK's as shown here:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button/use EFK?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I have added the following line to the config on the provisioning server :

<softkey softkey.1.action="$FTransfer$$FDirectories$$FDialpad2$" softkey.1.enable="1" softkey.1.label="Directory" softkey.1.use.idle="1" />

This is what I wanted, but this appears as the last softkey. I have to press "More" several times before I see this. Is it possible to change the order of the softkeys?

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I change the line to 

<softkey softkey.feature.directories="1" />

And now it's back the way I wanted it.

Message 4 of 4