Unable to add Security Certificate - Issuing

Equipment

Polycom Trio 8800 w/ Visual+

Ploycom Trio 8800 w/ VisualPro

Software Versions

Trios and Visual+ - 5.9.0.11421

Updater Signature - Release

VisualPro - 6.1.9.500016

I am attempting to try and add our organization's Issuing Cert to the polycom trio 8800, because I can't seem to access the web interface through https. I had my security engineer follow the procedures making it PEM format and Base-64, but when I attempt to install it, I receive the following message:

"The SSL certificate file failed to download."

I attached the log to see if you can see any information there. I did notice our Root cert is installed, but I know I never did that. I asked our Exchange Engineer and he said he didn't install it either, that maybe the root installed through DHCP.

Regardless, trying to get the Issuing cert to install.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Unable to add Security Certificate - Issuing

Hello @Kevin_A ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

From the Log:

0913103811|copy |4|00|SSL_connect error Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates.
0913103811|res  |4|00|[ResFinderC]: Download - Failed to download file https://crl.lghealth.org/CertEnroll/LGHealthIssuing2.cer, errno 0x2.

We do not trust who issued your certificate on your hosting server.

Are you talking about the warning you will receive when using a browser to access the Phones Web Interface?

This is normal and you could install the Polycom Root CA on the PC's trust store.

http://pki.polycom.com/pki.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Frequent Advisor

Re: Unable to add Security Certificate - Issuing

Yes, when I try and access the web interface through Google Chrome, I get the attached message, so I have to click advanced and then "proceed to the IP address (unsafe)". However, when I put in my admin password, I get the attached "failed" message. 

The only way I can access the web interface is if I go through Google Chrome Incognito Mode.

So with what you gave me, you are saying we cannot add our own Issuing Cert from our organization? Thank you so much for your help.