Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

this is the pin & extension certificate what is placed on the phone. I believe it is trying to request a user certificate to validate to the webservice in order to retrieve the web ticket. There is no way to validate to the webservice using only a pin so a user certificate is needed. the phone verifies the CA Root certificate and looks if it is trusted for the user certificate, from there the process fails.

The strange thing is that the test-csphonebootstrap succeeds, while the phone fails. Maybe it has to do with the fact that on my computer the root certificate is installed in the trusted root store.

Is certificate 6 in the phone the same as a trusted root certificate ?

regards,

Marco

HP Recommended

Hello Marco,

Yes once the Pin & Extension process is successful the phone will receive the Application CA 6.

The  test-csphonebootstrap is not failproof as you may be in a different network with the Phone than the PC you are testing this on.

In order to troubleshoot this we need a Support ticket which your Poycom reseller needs to raise for you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

Do you have another pool to test this on?

We are actually having the same issue on our site that i am troubleshooting at the moment. When moving the phone to another pool the phone actually works fine, so the issue was only on that one server. Also when web interfacing into the device (we are having the issue on CX5500) it was showing that the certificate was actualy expired ( in the Lync parameters)

Did you manage to find what the issue was in the end?

HP Recommended

Hello Ritchie Fazer,

welcome to the Polycom Community and thank you for resurrecting a 1,5 year old post.

I have moved this now to the Skype for Business Section as the original post never responded when I replied all that time ago.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In addition is your issue just with a VVX or a CX5500?

Please change your logging into:

• Settings > Logging > Global Log Level Limit > Debug
  • Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > SIP > Debug
  • Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > Web Ticket > Debug

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Stephen,

Thank you a lot for the logging info as i didnt think of putting it to debug, i will do that on the non working and on the working phone and then get back to you. Your help was REALLY appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Ritchie Fazer

HP Recommended

And it was for the CX5500 on UC 4.0.3. I looked at the release notes but couldnt find anything. I suspect that for some reason the server is not able to provide a certificate to the phone in order to initiate the SSL connection, but i could not find proper documents about what i should look for in the logs or the proper handshake between the server and the phone when initiating a connection for the first time. I will keep digging further and keep you updated once i get the new logs.

HP Recommended

Hello Ritchie Fazer,

Please upgrade to software version 1.2.3 which should update the CX5500 to UC Software 5.4.0

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Stephen,

Thanks to your help we found the root cause of this issue.
By lowering the logs to debug level we found on the SIP logs that the issue was actually related to un untrusted CA.

As the phone registration details was redirect to another lync server in another location, this other server CA also had to be trusted by the phone. But this other server has his intermediate certificate issued by another CA than the first one, although both server had the same root CA. We were possible to find the issue thanks to this message:

[cert_verify_callback,tcp]:Server certificate verification failed, Untrusted Certificate,error=20

We then compared the certificates of both servers as we knew that the first one was trusted (we tested the phone by moving it to the first server pool and it could register properly) and saw that the first one(the working one) was issued by "Private CA 16" while the other server certificate (non working) was issued by "private CA 15".

I hope that my explanation makes sence, unfortunately i am not able to upload the logs as this was a private company issue but i would like to thank you once again for your support as your help really helped us narrow down the issue.

Kind Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.