Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Update Visual+ from Web Interface

SOLVED
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Update Visual+ from Web Interface

Is there a way to update the visual+ from the web interface?

Scenario:

I want to update a remote TRIO 8800 which I will do through the web interface.  (NO DHCP provisioning available)

If I update the TRIO 8800 will the Visual+ get automatically updated since its paired or is there a manual way to update the Visual+?

I dont want a mismatched FW system.

Thanks

Sean

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Update Visual+ from Web Interface

Hello @Sean.Stanley66,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

As long as the Visual+ is paired to the Trio it will update essential settings via the Trio.

There is really never any need to make any changes on the Visual+ apart from 802.1x and a manual IP.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Dec 04, 2015 Question:How can I provision the Polycom Trio and/or Visual+?

Resolution: Please check this post => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Frequent Advisor

Thanks, Steffen.

Quick question on upgrading the software, the TRIO never reboots to update the software from the Polycom repository.  The phone can connect and download the manifest to show the software available but does nothing after selecting the software and accepting the agreement.

For using a custom software server, the web ui says you need an .xml file that tells the phone where to get the software.  Is there a guide available for creating the .xml file or a sample file available?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sean

Message 3 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Mar 30, 2012 Question: Can I host my own upgrade Server?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 5
Frequent Advisor

Thanks, Steffen this helped resolve our software upgrade issue.

Sean

Message 5 of 5