Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All 🙂

Was wondering if anyone has seen the following issue and if so what they did to resolve (if possible)

We have a Lync/SfB Client that is paired using BToE with VVX devices (310/600).

An inbound call to the SfB/Lync Client when the VVX is not in play invokes a default Conversation Window Context (CRM Based) at the client.

However as soon as the VVX Devices are paired then when the media is handed off to the devices the CWE does not invoke and also there is no call control options atthe SfB/Lync client ??

We are using the latest version of UCS Firmware on the VVX's at the time of writing (8th Nov 2016) which is 5.5.0.20556.

We are uysing BtoE Connector Software 3.3

Kind reagrds

Mem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

We developed a work around for this issue in the end so that  CWE is not launched any more....

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Mem,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Claiming to have the "latest" Software version but not stating what this in your opinion is very bad as days, weeks or even months down the line this statement has no value.

Please provide the exact software version used.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have updated my orginal post - Thanks

I have also read the known issues for BToE 3.3 will there be any newer releases that for example will fix the call control issue ?

Regards

Mem

HP Recommended

Hello Mem,

Thank you for editing your post so it reflects the currently used software.

Jun 15, 2016 Question:Can I use UC Software 5.5.0 for Lync or Skype for Business deployments?

Resolution:UC Software 5.5.0 has not been qualified by Microsoft to use in Lync or Skype for Business deployments. Polycom will not support UC Software 5.5.0 use in Lync or Skype for Business deployments.

As you can see by the above you are using an unsupported version and in addition still did not clarify what software the CX600 is using either.

If the CX and the VVX do both the same then this is most likely working as designed.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your replies, if we can leave the CX device out of this post (already updated post to emitt CX600, I will upgrade the CX600 before raising the issue for this device in this post)

I will look to downgrade to the 5.4 supported release and see if the VVX exhibit's the same behaviour on the supported relase for Lync/SfB.

However the BToE Software 3.3 is for UCS Software 5.1 and above so as far as I am aware the call control options are still an issue with this version of BToE ?

Kind regards

Mem

HP Recommended

Hello Mem,

Please utilize a supported version like UC Software 5.4.5 or 5.4.4 instead and re-test.

If this still fails you need to open a ticket,

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

We developed a work around for this issue in the end so that  CWE is not launched any more....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.