Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We have issues with various VVX 310 phones. 39 phones have been installed and some of them randomly reboot. Especially the secretary's phone (which has 1 expansion module).

When the phone reboots the screen shows "Uploading 1 of 1 core files" for a few mintues and nothing happens. To address the issue we factory reset the phone and then it works ok for a limited time though (2-3 days approximately until it reboots again). This happens to other devices too that have the same firmware and configuration.

We upgraded to 5.4.4 but nothing changed. We rolled back to 5.4.2 since it works better with skype for business.

The memory usage of the secretary's phone is roughly at 80% and she complaints that the phone is too slow (it responds after 4-5 seconds after a button have been pressed).

The second secretary's phone (which does not reboot as often as the main secretary's phone) has approximately 69% of memory usage.

We haven't found a pattern, the reboots are completely random.

What could cause this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Haris Sideridis,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We would need to see some logs and the core-dumps to check this.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. In case this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have attached the app and boot logs from a problematic phone and from a 100% working phone. We have updated the problematic one to version 5.5.0 and awaiting results.

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello Haris Sideridis,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

We would need to see some logs and the core-dumps to check this.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. In case this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Hello Haris Sideridis,

as explained in my original reply this needs to be raised via your Polycom reseller so we can look at this as we also need the Core Dumps.

Multiple things I need to mention:

1. 0004f2821a02 VVX310,DESKTOP PHONE,GIG-E,POE (P/N: 2200-46161-025) Allnet Italia S.p.A. 27/09/2013
    0004f28219ca VVX310,DESKTOP PHONE,GIG-E,POE (P/N: 2200-46161-025) Allnet Italia S.p.A.

27/09/2013

Both of the above phones are not a LYNC or Skype for Business SKU and therefore require for both and any other phones not in the right SKU a per device LYNC license purchased from Polycom as explained => here <=

2. Both phones are out off warranty as they have been sold back in 2013 so you will need to pay per Incident PPI when opening the ticket or have a phone that is still within warranty.

3. Jun 15, 2016 Question:Can I use UC Software 5.5.0 for Lync or Skype for Business deployments?

Resolution:UC Software 5.5.0 has not been qualified by Microsoft to use in Lync or Skype for Business deployments. Polycom will not support UC Software 5.5.0 use in Lync or Skype for Business deployments.

Please work with Allnet on raising this with our Support Team in EMEA

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.