Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 311 UC 5.8.4 can't pair with BToE 3.7.5

Frequent Visitor

VVX 311 UC 5.8.4 can't pair with BToE 3.7.5

Hi,

We are using BToE 3.7.5 with VVX 311 and UC 5.7.4 phones and pairing is working well.

When we have updated the phones to latest UC 5.8.4 pairing is not working anymore.

I'm providing log with previous and updated behavior.

The TCP  port 22 is open from PC to phone!

Regards,

Angel

5 REPLIES 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 311 UC 5.8.4 can't pair with BToE 3.7.5

Hello @Angel Dabov ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Running 5.8.x you should be on BToE 3.8.0 or newer.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 6
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I understand. UC 5.7.x works only with BToE 3.7.x, UC 5.8.x works only with BToE 3.8.x and so on. Is that correct? If it is correct what are the steps for migration from 5.7(3.7) to 5.8(3.8) or above without interruption? Regards, Angel Dabov
Message 3 of 6

Hello @Angel Dabov ,

The release notes that accompany every release include the details on backwards compatibility.

You would use a tool like SCCM to install or Upgrade BToE.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 6
Frequent Visitor

Hi, The docs for BToE 3.8 says: System Constraints and Limitations The following list includes information on system constraints and limitations. ● If you are running UC Software versions earlier than version 5.8.0 with BToE Connector 3.8.0, any mode of pairing is strictly not supported. Pairing with BToE Connector 3.8.0 is only supported from UC Software 5.8.0 or later. That means: You have to update UC to 5.8 before update BToE to 3.8. Is that correct? But the docs for BToE 3.7.5 says: System Constraints and Limitations The following list includes information on system constraints and limitations. ● If you are running UC Software versions earlier than version 5.7.0 with BToE Connector 3.7.0, only Auto Pairing Mode will be supported. Manual Pairing with BToE Connector 3.7.0 is only supported from UC Software 5.7.0 or later. Is "5.7.0 or later" includes 5.8.x or not? From this docs I assume that the BToE 3.7 supports UC 5.7, 5.8, 5.9 and so on. Regards, Angel Dabov
Message 5 of 6

Hello @Angel Dabov ,

The BToE 3.7.x document was written before the BToE 3.8.x document.

Please ensure you always use the recommended BToE Version. For UC Software 3.8.x this is BToE 3.8.x

If you have any further questions please get this into support.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Message 6 of 6