Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are using Extension/PIN authetication for phones and the expiration date for our certifactes is coming near. When the web ticket expires how does the polycom stay logged in? Does it automatically log out and log back in to grab a new certificate on its own?

We are using a cert provisioning service for ceritfcation. No cert is kept in the config file or uploaded to the phone. If I manually sign out and back in I get a new certificate with the current time stamp with the Skype max of 1 year. Rebooting doesnt trigger the new cert unless it is already expired. Also it seems that the phone freezes when the certificate expires and a phyiscal reboot is neccessary. I don't want to have to do that to 700 phones.

All phones are running FW 5.7.0.11768

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @magicmike,

No, there is no Auto renewal for the Root certificate.

There is no way for the customers to change the auto renewal time frame.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @magicmike,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Our phones do have ‘User certificate renewal process built in i.e. ‘At a suitable time, prior to the certificate expiry (e.g. 25% or 30 days, whichever is less), the certificate gets renewed.

So, there is no question of user getting signed out since the devices gets new User certificate.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Stephen,

Thabks for responding.

The auto renewal doesn't happen though if the root certifacte has also changed correct? In that case i would have to make sure the phone has the new root certificate, sign out, sign in, and then i'm good until the root also changes.

Is there a way to change the auto renewal time frame? 

HP Recommended

Hello @magicmike,

No, there is no Auto renewal for the Root certificate.

There is no way for the customers to change the auto renewal time frame.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

sorry to reopen this thread, and sorry if, as i guess , this has been aready asked an replied in somewhere else, but I have sopradic issue with VVX phones around the world (e.g. common area phoned (pin-auth) found signed out, users's phones (credential-auth via BToE) locking out user's account due to authentication failures, etc.) and I never well understood this point.

When you say: "Our phones do have ‘User certificate renewal process built in i.e. ‘At a suitable time, prior to the certificate expiry (e.g. 25% or 30 days, whichever is less), the certificate gets renewed."

Can you please clarify how the phone does the certificate renewal ? Is it using the certificate itself (still valid) to authenticate against the lync/skype4b server and have a new cert or is it using cached credentials (e.g. ext/pin for pin-auth or user/pass for cred-auth) ?

Many thanks in advance for you patience in clarifing this (i guess) again.

Regads,

Enrico.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.