Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am a phone user with a small company.  My Polycom VVX 500 has never worked in 4 months.  It constantly reboots througout the day and night.  Lately the message "Provisioning Failed with Skype" has been occurring before the reboot.  Perhaps since the phone upgraded to the version below.  I returned my phone and got a new one.  My co-worker, (whose vvx 500 works) using BToE, exported his configuration and I imported it with no effect.  I have researched for hours on this community page.  Still, the phone is unusable.  Seems like a realy nice phone otherwise.

Model VVX 500

UC Software Version 5.9.0.9373

MSFT Platform Skype for Business for Office 365 MSO (16.0.11425.20200) 64-bit

MAC Address 64:16:7F:96:ED:1B

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @dj-ofm ,

Your log is pretty short and only shows the phone being unable to get Token:

0415155607|auth |4|00|eReqRspID[1] HttpCode[480] message[]
0415155607|auth |2|00|m_RetVal[-1] eReqRspID[1] curlReturn[3] HttpRspCode[480] messageLen[0]
0415155607|auth |2|00|S/E(sSAuthSvcGetServers,kEAuthOnRecvDataResponse),rO(4)
0415155607|auth |2|00|<\SM>(304)AuthServiceUTStateMachine(0x1e3b6d0):Ctx((353),(1)kBaseEventInit,Ticks(0))
0415155607|auth |2|00|<SM>(304)AuthServiceUTStateMachine(0x1e3b6d0):Ctx((353),(1)kBaseEventInit,Ticks(0))
0415155607|auth |4|00|pHD(141)AuthServiceCallerLyncDevUpdate
0415155607|auth |2|00|S/E(sSAuthSvcUTError,kBaseEventInit),rO(4)
0415155607|auth |2|00|<\SM>(304)AuthServiceUTStateMachine(0x1e3b6d0):Ctx((353),(4),Ticks(0))
0415155607|auth |2|00|<SM>(304)AuthServiceUTStateMachine(0x1e3b6d0):Ctx((353),(4),Ticks(0))
0415155607|auth |2|00|<\SM>(304)AuthServiceUTStateMachine(0x1e3b6d0):Ctx((353),(-1),Ticks(0))
0415155607|auth |2|00|Policy Dest:(203)AuthServicePolicyFsmKey:(105)AuthServiceUTMsgKey:(215)AuthSvcAOFsmReplyKey
Caller Service(141)AuthServiceCallerLyncDevUpdate:IndicationCode(400)Failed to Get UT
,TransactionID(232251218)
0415155607|auth |2|00|CAuthSvcUpdateTokenNotifier:: UserMode = [False]
0415155607|auth |2|00|Policy Dest:(202)AuthServicePolicyDBKey:(105)AuthServiceUTMsgKey:(212)AuthSvcAODBDBIndKey
Caller Service(141)AuthServiceCallerLyncDevUpdate:IndicationCode(400)Failed to Get UT
0415155607|auth |2|00|<SM>(304)AuthServiceUTStateMachine(0x1e3b6d0):Ctx((353),(7)kBaseEventStop,Ticks(0))
0415155607|auth |2|00|<\SM>(304)AuthServiceUTStateMachine(0x1e3b6d0):Ctx((353),(-1),Ticks(0))
0415155607|auth |2|00|Policy Dest:(202)AuthServicePolicyDBKey:(101)AuthServiceWTMsgKey:(211)AuthSvcAODBIEIndKey
0415155607|auth |2|00|Policy Dest:(201)AuthServicePolicyServiceKey:(101)AuthServiceWTMsgKey:(206)AuthSvcAOServiceReplyKey
0415155607|auth |2|00|Response(-1)auth,(101)AuthServiceWTMsgKey,(-1)proxy,(1001)AuthRsp,(Expiry,TransactionId,Time,Type):(-1,232251218,1555361767,1)IndicationCode:(400)Failed to Get UT

We would need to see better logs and probably a backup of your configuration.

The VVX500 64167F96ED1B was sold via Redington Distri Pte Ltd back in 31/08/2017.

I can see this assigned to a customer in Pakistan but the email you used to register does not match this customer.

I suggest you raise a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

As the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffan,

This is the whole log before the phone reboots.

I am definately not in Pakistan.  I can't even speak Pakistanese.  The phone was purchased from Amazon.  I don't think I registered it.  Again, we are a small business and just trying to survive.

I am attaching another log, but I am not sure it is better.  It was taken just before the phone rebooted.  I am also attaching my configuration.  I got this from BToE.

Thanks for your response.  Thanks to anyone in advance that is able to help.

HP Recommended

Hello @dj-ofm ,

The MAC provided in the initial logs let me find the device history. I am unsure how you ended up with this device.

• I suggest you factory reset the unit

• Upgrade to UC Software 5.9.2 following Option 1 here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
    Resolution: Please check => here <=
  • Prevent O365 downgrading the phone as explained here:

Feb 02, 2016 Question:How can I prevent a Polycom VVX Business Media Phone to be downgraded / upgraded automatically via Skype for Business and/or Office365?

Resolution:For LYNC please download, unpack and import the attached LyncProvisionDeviceParams. For Skype for Business Online / O365 please set the EnableDeviceUpdate to false as explained => here <=

• Jul 13, 2016 Question:How do I sign into an O365 account?

Resolution:Please check => here <=

If this still fails please work with your Amazon seller.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they need to do this for you.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffan,

This worked for a day.  All day yesterday, the phone did not reboot.  However, early this morning it started rebooting again. It now reboots more frequently than before.  Attached is the latest log.

As it is booting, I am getting a message on the phone:  "Contacting Provisioning Server" 

Followed by: "Provisioning Failed"

HP Recommended

Looking into why Provisioning Server may have failed I retrieved these settings from the Web UI.  Perhaps the factory reset has removed the Server Address.  I am also not sure what it should be.

Picture attached.

HP Recommended

Hello @dj-ofm ,

we do not know if you followed the above instructions or not as you have not told us. We are neither able to check as you have not attached a backup.

As the unit shows for us to come from another customer and we cannot clarify where or how you got your unit please open a ticket with whoever you purchased the unit from.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Poly reseller as they need to do this for you.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

This error has started appearing on all our VVX phones for the past 2 weeks as well - across a multitude of clients/tenants. I can say that every single client is running in "Teams Only" mode, with the latest 5.9.0.9373 version of the Polycom software (which I think is considered the latest officially validated version from Microsoft), so you're not the only one with this problem.

HP Recommended
rmanjoney, I am sorry to hear about your troubles with the VVX 500. I hope you find a quick resolution. Regards, dj-ofm
HP Recommended

Hello @dj-ofm  and @rmanjoney ,

throughout this post, I have outlined the official way to move forward aka to get this into support.

Without this, we cannot fix this if this is an issue on our side or work with our partner Microsoft.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.