Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone here can point me the right direction. Here's the scenario.

We're running Lync Server 2013 w/Enterprise Voice. We have Skype for Business 2016 clients. All of this appears to work just fine. For example, if a user attempts to join a Skype for Business meeting - either internal, or external - from a USB headset directly attached to their PC, the call sets up, and the media path is established and the call proceeds without issue.

However, if we attempt the same scenario with a VVX (600 in this case, running 5.4.4.4281) we see a different result. Namely, internal calls via the Lync Server work fine. External calls will join up to the meeting and the SfB client shows that the user is in the lobby. As soon as they are admitted, the call path fails, and the user is disconnected from the meeting. So something about setting up the media path is failing. Given that this all works as desired directly in the client app it seems that the issue may be somewhere in the VVX config. However, thus far I've not been successful in finding anything that will address this. It's rather aggravating to have to have a USB headset around just to join external calls. So, does anyone have an idea of where to look? Is there any further configuration info that I can provide to help diagnose this?

Thanks for any assistance!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello AcousTech,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Did my reply => here <= help you? If yes it would be great if you could mark it as such as it would help other users to identify posts that contained an answer.

For your new issue you need to open a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

In case this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.