Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

we have 40 vvx 601 phones all with the latest firmware installed and every night they sign out of skype for business

this is a pain as the users in the morning have to sign back in the phones and not all of them use better toegther so its a pain to have to re input the details 

attached is the app log 

we have set nothing within skype for business that will log users out.

we are using skype for business on premise and the phones are connecting via the edge server over the internet.

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hello @chrishall1179

Stating the latest software does not help others when finding this post in days, weeks, months or years to come as they do not know what software mentioned was current at the time of writing.

Please therefore always post the exact complete build id.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In addition your logs do not show anything of interest as they are simply to short in the standard settings.

The Skype for Business FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 17, 2017 Question:How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, LYNC or Office365 issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

In addition can you answer these:

• Is this only since upgrading to the what you describe as latest software?
    Yes or No ?
  • Do you have a provisioning Server or a Syslog to capture longer logs?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Phone Model VVX 411 Part Number 3111-48450-001 Rev:A MAC Address 64:16:7F:16:65:9A IP Mode IPv4 IP Address 192.168.0.32 UC Software Version 5.8.0.12848 Updater Version 5.9.5.13643

we have no provisioning server and this has happened all the time even with previous firmware 

HP Recommended

Hello @chrishall1179,

The serial provided is not a -019 SKU aka a phone that comes with a Skype for Business License automatically added.

Your phone(s) is/are a 2200-48450-025 sold via Nycomm Ltd back in 30/06/2017 so please read the below:

Please be aware of the following when utilizing UCS 4.1.0 or later:

The use of Polycom UC Software versions 4.1.X (“Software”) requires the purchase of a separate Software license for every device that will use the Software in a Lync environment. You may not install, access, or use the Software in a Lync environment on more devices than are listed on your license until additional licenses have been purchased and authorized by Polycom. These licenses should be purchased from the same company from which you purchased the devices. You may operate devices against a Lync server for trial purposes for up to 30 days without purchasing a license. Use of the Software is subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement.

Polycom reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

Information in regards of License Part Numbers can be found here

This does not affect the functionality of the phone itself but will be checked once you will try and open a case so please ensure you have all the right licenses in place prior to opening a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

not my problem. you obvious have a reseller who is selling devices incorrectly. we purchased these with the specific requirement that they were to be used with Skype for business

these devices came loaded with the UC firmware.

HP Recommended

also not sure if this is relevant but every time i browser to the phones the admin passwords are reset to 456

i constantly change the password but then over night it changes back to 456

HP Recommended

Hello @chrishall1179,

This is very well your issue as you would have paid ~15$ less per phone as the one that comes with the license.

You can purchase these afterwards as outlined in the Skype for Business FAQ:

5150-49252-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE IND PHONE
5150-49253-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (5 UNITS)
5150-49254-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (10 UNITS)
5150-49255-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (100 UNITS)
5150-49256-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (1000 UNITS)
5150-49257-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (10000 UNITS)

Before we have proof of the purchase we will be unable to assist you in any way.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

these devices were purchased as uc phone skype for business edition. 

they came with licence 

resellers shouldnt be allowed to sell phones with the UC firmware loaded if they dont come with licence 

these phones cost us £400 each device so we have easily paid for the licence 

HP Recommended

Hello @chrishall1179,

The serial provided for one of the phones is not the -019 but the -025 instead.

This may be one phone only but this phone must purchase the License as outlined.

The phone can be changed into Skype for Business Mode via a configuration or a MKC but the phone itself has the license missing.

I suggest you take this up with whoever sold you the phones and once this is sorted open a ticket.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

we were sold these with licences so how do i apply the licence to the phone then once i get the reseller to send me details 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.