Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX 601 Teams Firmware

Occasional Visitor

VVX 601 Teams Firmware

Does anyone know if there is a technical reason that Polycom is not releasing a native teams firmware for existing vvx601 SfB phones?  We purchased several recently (1-1.5 yrs ago maybe) and now it seems the only option to get native Teams is to go with a new phone.  It's shocking that a simple firmware update wouldn't be able to give it native Teams.  Maybe it's more complicated, but it seems like a money decision and not a technical one.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX 601 Teams Firmware

Hello @bkinnc ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

Our partner Microsoft has very specific hardware requirements for phones to run a native Android Teams application. Unfortunately, we developed the VVX range years ago and therefore cannot match these.

Have a look at our CCX range.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Occasional Visitor

Thank you for the response.  It's a shame I didn't know that Teams would require an OS/hardware that VVX line doesn't have.  I looked at the CCX line but it says "coming soon" (500/700 models).  Do you have a release date on it?  When it comes out will there be any trade-in programs for folks who recently purchased VVX phones?  

Message 3 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @bkinnc ,

The VVX was never developed or advertise to be Teams compatible. We only developed the hardware for Skype for Business requirements.

Teams is completely different and therefore we have the new CCX range. I am unable to provide any dates for their release or comment on an exchange program for these.

I can only recommend you work with a Poly reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 5
Advisor

There is a trade-up program, but it requires that an add-on be purchased at the same time as the phone.

https://www.polycom.com/forms/teams-phone-tradeup-promotion.html

Message 5 of 5