Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

i have a fleet of VVX600's and i use FTP to manage the configuration file.

i have a problem then some of the handsets have had their logging options changed from the default options to what is attached.

This causes the phones to run very slowly.

i have tried putting the following in the config life to fix it but it does not work

<logging>
    <level log.level.change.app1="4" log.level.change.btoe="4" log.level.change.afe="6" log.level.change.ec="4" log.level.change.pps="4" log.level.change.slog="4" log.level.change.ice="4" log.level.change.tickt="4" log.level.change.sip="4" log.level.change.so="4" log.level.change.tls="4" log.render.file.size="16" log.render.file.upload.append.sizeLimit="512" log.render.level="4" />
  </logging>

this is what i have for Syslog

<SysLog>
    <device.syslog device.syslog.facility="16" device.syslog.facility.set="1" device.syslog.prependMac="1" device.syslog.prependMac.set="1" device.syslog.renderLevel="0" device.syslog.renderLevel.set="1" device.syslog.serverName="XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX" device.syslog.serverName.set="1" device.syslog.transport="1" device.syslog.transport.set="1" device.set="1" />
  </SysLog>

can you tell me what i am doing wrong

jack

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @guideclothing,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The Skype for Business FAQ contains this post here:

May 29, 2018 Question: How can I change the Skype for Business logging levels?

Resolution: This feature was actually added back in the UCS 5.5.2 release.  It allows the phone to read the in-band logging level configuration defined in a Lync Server or Skype for Business Server on-premises deployment controlled by the Set-CsUCPhoneConfiguration cmdlet.  The  cmdlet LoggingLevel parameter can be set to Off, Low, Medium, or High values.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello Jack,

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please also include if you are using a SIP server or a LYNC / Skype for Business server.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

If Skype / LYNC / O365 the Skype Server itself can set the relevant logging levels and this is controlled on the Microsoft end and our phone accepts these via the Inbound provisioning.

In regards to your syslog most likely you forgot the device.set="1"

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi, the software version is 5.6.0.17325

Its connected to S4B 2015 on-prem server

I have teh following in my config: <device device.set="1" device.baseProfile.set="1" />

i went through the web config of all 20 handsets - and it was only 2 that had this problem

i have manually corrected them.

looking in the Overrides files they seem to have the following records so i have had to correct manually:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- Application SIP Elbe2 5.5.2.8571 29-Apr-17 05:40 -->
<!-- Created 20-06-2017 09:58 -->
<WEB_CONFIG>
 <OVERRIDES
  voIpProt.server.1.address=""
  voIpProt.server.1.port="0"
  log.level.change.afe="6"
  log.level.change.app1="4"
  log.level.change.btoe="4"
  log.level.change.ec="4"
  log.level.change.ice="4"
  log.level.change.pps="4"
  log.level.change.sip="4"
  log.level.change.so="4"
  log.level.change.tickt="4"
 />
</WEB_CONFIG>

how do i delete these and see what the phone defaults back to?

thanks

jack

HP Recommended

Hi,

i think i have narrows down the issue - but i do not know what is causing it

The current firmware is: 5.7.0.11768

In the attachement showing the web UI for the logging options, for "Module Log Level Limited" for the "SIP" option, in the "Configured Source Value" the SIP entry is Debug.

this is the same for ICE and a couple of others.

For most options the "Configured Source Value" for "SIP" is "Not Applicable"

in the cfg file what configures  "Configured Source Value" for "SIP"?

thanks

jack

HP Recommended

Hello @guideclothing,

The Skype for Business FAQ contains this post here:

May 29, 2018 Question: How can I change the Skype for Business logging levels?

Resolution: This feature was actually added back in the UCS 5.5.2 release.  It allows the phone to read the in-band logging level configuration defined in a Lync Server or Skype for Business Server on-premises deployment controlled by the Set-CsUCPhoneConfiguration cmdlet.  The  cmdlet LoggingLevel parameter can be set to Off, Low, Medium, or High values.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Steffen

thank-you. i would never have found it.

I have no issues with my deployment at the moment.

the microsoft tech document says the default value for LoggingLevel is Off.

do you recomend any particualar level if the environment is working correctly?

thanks

jack

HP Recommended

Steffen

i changed the setting to OFF and restarted a hanset - but nothing changed.

there is also a setting in the web UI "Server Log Level"

at the moment this is set to SERVER

when i change this to OFF, the "Configured Source Values" for SIP changed to "Minor Error"

when i check in S4B 2015 powershell i get the following (after changing the logging level)

PS C:\> get-CsUCPhoneConfiguration

Identity             : Global
CalendarPollInterval : 00:03:00
EnforcePhoneLock     : False
PhoneLockTimeout     : 00:10:00
MinPhonePinLength    : 6
SIPSecurityMode      : High
VoiceDiffServTag     : 40
Voice8021p           : 0
LoggingLevel         : Off

does it take some time to update on the phone?

thanks

jack

HP Recommended

Hello @guideclothing,

The 

CALL_SERVER

in a phone backup usually shows you the levels and configuration send from the server.

Example:

<CALL_SERVER
		log.level.change.afe="2"
		log.level.change.app1="2"
		log.level.change.auth="2"
		log.level.change.btoe="2"
		log.level.change.dpair="2"
		log.level.change.ec="2"
		log.level.change.ice="0"
		log.level.change.nisvc="2"
		log.level.change.pps="1"
		log.level.change.proxy="2"
		log.level.change.rssvc="2"
		log.level.change.sip="2"
		log.level.change.so="2"
		log.level.change.tickt="0"
		log.level.change.wad="2"
		lync.qos.dscpVoice="40"
		tcpIpApp.ice.turn.callAdmissionControl.enabled="0"
		tcpIpApp.ice.turn.server="cssloedge.polycom.com"
		tcpIpApp.ice.turn.tcpPort="443"
		tcpIpApp.ice.turn.udpPort="3478"
		tcpIpApp.port.rtp.lync.audioPortRangeEnd="5389"
		tcpIpApp.port.rtp.lync.audioPortRangeStart="5350"
		tcpIpApp.port.rtp.lync.videoPortRangeEnd="5389"
		tcpIpApp.port.rtp.lync.videoPortRangeStart="5350"
		msg.mwi.1.callBack="sip:XXXXXXXX;opaque=app:voicemail"
		msg.mwi.1.callBackMode="contact"
		reg.1.ice.turn.callAdmissionControl.enabled="1"
		reg.1.srtp.enable="1"
		reg.1.srtp.offer="1"
		reg.1.srtp.require="0"

This does not update automatically straight away and we receive this after a certain time period from the server within one of the SUSBSCRIBES / NOTIFY.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Steffen

i waited over night and all is working as expected now

this has solved a problem that has caused me issues for over 2 years 😞

thanks

jack

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.