Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We selected Polycom’s VVX 410 phones because of the greater flexibility of configuration over the CX600 desk phones for our new Skype for Business rollout.  One of the features of the VVX that we were interested in was Paging since we were replacing a legacy PBX phone system in which paging was heavily used.  

Well its true, once configured, paging works on the VVX phones just the way we want it to.  But there is a big problem related to user status (presence) in S4B: 

A page, when received by a phone that a S4B user is logged into, causes the users S4B status to change!  First to ‘In a Call’ during the page, then to ‘Available’ after the page is complete, regardless of what their previous status was – totally wiping out everyone’s ‘REAL’ status.  So someone who’s status was “Away 2 hours – No IM” before a page, suddenly shows as “Available” after the page.

(this behavior exists in UC firmware versions up to 5.4.0A)

Since the advanced status information that S4B provides was one of the major selling points for us, this is a no-go. Very disappointing.

Anyone else using Paging having this experiance?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I agree receiving a page does not require any user interaction so should not change the user's status. 

HP Recommended

Hello Arbar,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As the status of the phone changes aka plays a Page the aggregate state will be updated.

If this is something that you and your users would like to change you would need to go ahead and raise a feature request.

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UCS Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

I have not yet had a customer that complained about this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Arbar and all,

I brought this up with the product management team and they believe this is a Bug.

I have raised this as 1-1224758616 / VESC-5669 but please go ahead and raise this from your end as well so we can map this and figure out the impact on your organisation.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

VVX paging has been affecting the S4B status in our organization as well.  We are running UC firmware 5.3.1.0436.

HP Recommended

I have raised this as 1-1224758616 / VESC-5669 but please go ahead and raise this from your end as well so we can map this and figure out the impact on your organisation.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

the latest 5.4.1 release just posted fixes this.

• VOIP-108207 Receiving a PTT or Talk event on the VVX 500 and 600 during away / inactive state no longer causes the phone to set status back to available once the PTT/TALK is finished.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.