Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a widespread serious issue in my environment and I'm hoping someone out there may have some ideas for me.   While we have an open ticket with support, I figured it would be best to ask the community for assistance in case others were also having the issue (or if you are, maybe we can compare notes) 

Here is the issue:

• User is on an active call on their VVX
  • Second call comes in to User who either has a delegate or is part of a response group
  • Delegate or someone else in the response group picks up the incoming call
  • User gets their active call put on Hold on the VVX even though they did not pick up the second call
  • This does not happen frequently, however when it does it does it tends to happen to the same people repeatedly. 

Our environment:

• Polycom VVX 500 or VVX 600
  • BTOE
  • Skype for Business UI (Also happens with Lync 2013 UI) but Office 2010 otherwise
  • WIndows 7 Pro 64 bit
  • Lync 2013 Backend

For various reasons this is a pretty serious problem, but we cannot get the root of it.  We have tried different combinations of the 5.3.1/5.4.0/5.4.0A releases and both the 3.0 and 3.2 BTOE as well as the SfB and Lync UI

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Hello MIHF,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Mind sharing the Polycom ticket reference so I can follow this up internally ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We opened it up via our Polycom partner, but I believe it is 1-1187219641 

HP Recommended

Have you tried doing a factory reset on one of the phones having the issue?  If you have a provisioning server setup it is not big deal and seems to resolve many issues.  

Are the calls PSTN call or between Lync devices?  If PSTN what gateway are you using?  We saw some strange call hold issues with AudioCodes M1000b's running 6.8.

We have had an issue where new calls would be put on hold when answered.  It was related to resource utilization on the phones.  Running the default log settings resolved this for us.  

HP Recommended

Thanks for the feedback James -- all good points.

Often times a simple reboot of the phone makes the problem go away for a short time but for one user we have even replaced the phyiscal phone three times and it always comes back. 

We are using a pair of Audiocode M2600 gateways but it happens even on internal calls where it shouldn't be hitting the gateway.  

I do believe you are on to something in terms of resource utiization as it tends to happen to the heavy callers/users. That said, they have been set to default log settings when it happens.

HP Recommended

Just wanted to see if this was ever resolved. We are seeing the same issue for one of our users.

We are on Skype for Business using the VVX 500 phone and the user is a member of a response group.

When someone calls into the response group the active call for this user is put on hold.  The user reports they are not clicking on anything when this happens.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

I'm seeing exactly the same problem in two seperate environments, both using VVX handses.  In one environment its a VVX 300, in the other, a VVX 500. Both are using Skype for Business, both are using Sonus SBCs on 5.0.3.477.

If you have any sugggestions on resolving this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

I can attempt to raise a ticket if that helps? though i'm not entirely sure what the best way to do that would be.

Cheers!

Nat

HP Recommended

Hello Nat,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. In case this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello again Steffen,

Thanks for welcoming me to the community once more.

My post here was to let other community members know that the problem is not isolated to their environments - but has been seen in several seperate installations. I was also hoping to encourage the OP to share any progress he may have made with his own support ticket.

I'll aproach our vendor and raise a support ticket through them. The more support requesrts, the more likely we are to find a resolution I suppose.

Thanks,

Nat

HP Recommended

We have the same issues described.

1. PolycomVVX 300 (brand new) - five Users, 5 handsets.

2. Call group set up, rings to 5 phones at the same time.  

3. Active line, second call comes in, first active line goes on hold, with out touching the phone, sometimes non retrievable.  

4. Active line (outbound), second call comes in, first active line goes on hold, without touching phone.

5. All Users in Call group have the same issue.

6. This issue occurs the majority of the inbound/outbound calls.

7. Netgear 3400 WNDR - router

8. Arris SB 6141 Modem

9. Comcast / Vonage

10. All phones have been reset.

Is there any one that has found a fix for this issue?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.