Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX Software Update - Web UI precedence over Provisioning

Frequent Advisor

VVX Software Update - Web UI precedence over Provisioning

Does updating a phone via the phone's web UI take precedence over the software specified by the provisioning server?

Same question for updating via a Skype server....

We update phones via a provisioning folder but recently have been asked to update a few phones to specific SW versions.  How does a manual software update interact with a provisioning folder SW update?  I would have assumed that a reboot of the phone or the nightly provisioning check would have reset the phone SW to the provisioning server version, doesn't seem to be the case.

Thanks

Sean

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX Software Update - Web UI precedence over Provisioning

Hello @Sean.Stanley66 ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

Please always include the currently used software version as an answer may depend on this.

To my own personal knowledge rule of thumb is described here on the second post:

Mar 08, 2013 QuestionWhat files does my phone download or upload and why?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Frequent Advisor

Re: VVX Software Update - Web UI precedence over Provisioning

Thanks, Steffen.

The VVX was running 5.4.3.2036 and I upgraded to 5.9.4.3247.

After a reboot and provisioning update, the VVX stayed at 5.9.4 so it appears the heirarchy for web config also takes into account web SW updates.  At least that is the experience I am having.

Since I'm working on a few production SW updates, what is the best way to 100% confirm this functionality?

Thanks

Sean

Message 3 of 3