Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX UC Software 5.9.0

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX UC Software 5.9.0

Hello aallston@screenvisionmedia.com,

I had to edit the original post as this is an unpublished parameter. Microsoft needs to update their whitelist to include the UC Software 5.9.0

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 11 of 19

Thank you everyone. So i assume once MS updates their side this unpublished param will no longer be nessisary? Thanks agian.

Message 12 of 19
Frequent Advisor

Is there any idea when this change will be done at Microsoft so that other Polycom customers don't run into the same issue? 

Thanks

Scott

Message 13 of 19

Why was this update released publically before Microsoft made a change to allow the new user agent string? And, why remove the "unpublished" configuration item from this thread that can solve the issue for your user community? That makes no sense.

When will this be fixed?

Message 14 of 19

Hello @nrempe,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am unsure how this happened or where the actual problem lies. We provide the software for free to our customers and somehow this seems to have not been fully coordinated.

I cannot share the parameter to work around this within the public community and will update this post once this has been resolved.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 15 of 19
Occasional Visitor

I asume its not their fault, but this is all pretty unbelievable. This issue has been causing my company huge problems ...big time-waster.

Please remind me not to buy anymore Polycom products.  Nothing but headaches.

Message 16 of 19
Frequent Advisor

If you don't mind me asking, what features are new in 5.9.0 that you need to use? 

We are running 5.8.2 across all of my 650 phones, and this thread was starting just because I pulled down 5.9.0 to check it out. 

I am sure that it'll be resolved after the holiday season. 

Message 17 of 19
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

I received word back through my Polycom SE, the VVX product manager had mentioned that 5.9 has yet to be certified by Microsoft. 

As mentioned in my earlier post, I am sure that after the holidays are over this issue will be sorted out. 

Message 18 of 19

Hello @nrempe and all,

Our Partner Microsoft certifies via their 3PIP program various versions of Polycom software and hardware.

These are normally the X.Y.Z versions aka major releases which are usually documented on Microsoft's website and hosted on our page => here <=.

Polycom itself supports the follow up X.Y.Z versions for our customer base which is hosted under the individual phone model support pages.

Polycom will support our software as long as you are either using the correct SKU and/or have the relevant licenses in place and are within your warranty period or have some sort of service / maintenance contract in place.

As outlined by @SR_MCSE this process is ongoing with our Partner Microsoft and only affects users on Skype for Business online.

The workaround can be issued via opening a service ticket as long as the above mandatory requirements are fulfilled.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 19 of 19