Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX and Teams - list of users on screen

SOLVED
Occasional Visitor

VVX and Teams - list of users on screen

We are deploying Teams / Microsoft Phone System with VVX 310 and 410 phones.   We are using 5.9.3 firmware.   We are in Teams only mode.

When logged into the phone, the user's "line" is associated with the first button.   There are then a number of other line buttons that have other peoples presence status on them.     These are generally the people that the user most often communicates.    The list is not controlled by "Speed Dial" settings or any other settings in the Teams client I can find.   On the phone, it is the same list of users as listed in "Contacts".     

Does anyone know where this list can be modified? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX and Teams - list of users on screen

Hello @mparzyns ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

On the Phone press More > Contacts

There you can add or remove contacts the same way as if they would have been added via the Skype for Business client.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Visitor

Thank you.   That worked - kind of.

I am able to remove entries without a problem.   However, when I add entries to the contacts list, they are not added on the phone screen.   It appears there are two groups - Favorites and Other Contacts.   The Favorites are displayed on the screen, but when adding a new contact, they are added to Other Contacts.   I don't see a way to edit the groups.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Advisor

The "favorites" that appear on the phone are from the legacy Skype for Business backend that the 3PIP phones run on. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way to add contacts to these favorites without switching a user's Teams Upgrade mode from "Teams Only" to one of the other coexistence modes (if you are even able to in your tenant). There is some discussion about this in the Microsoft Tech Community forums here:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Skype-for-Business-Blog/Skype-for-Business-Certified-IP-Phone...

Edit: as well as this follow-up from a Microsoft employee confirming this is "working as designed":

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Skype-for-Business-Blog/Skype-for-Business-Certified-IP-Phone...

Message 4 of 4