Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX configuration

Advisor

VVX configuration

Hello,

I have two questions regarding VVX phones configuration:

1) I have set up my provisioning folders in order to have subdirectories for each software release (this allow me to choose the software release easily from the configuration file), for example I have the following:

Root

|---- Softwares

|        |---- VVXLocalization

|        |---- 3111-44500-001.sip.ld

|

|---- VVXLocalization

|---- 3111-44500-001.sip.ld

My 000000000000.cfg is configured to use one of the subfolders' application files : APP_FILE_PATH="/Softwares/5.4.0/sip.ld"

This works fine for upgrading/downgrading, however my phone is still trying to load the localization files from root folder (/VVXLocalization), is there a way to force the VVX to use the same VVXLocalization as the one in the "APP_FILE_PATH" ? (for example "/Softwares/5.4.4/VVXLocalization")

2) My second question is regarding softkeys and macros: is there a way to bring up the onscreen keyboard from the VVX500/600 using a macro ? My goal would be to have a macro which does the following : Open "Directories", Press keypad 2 (for Lync Search), bring up the onscreen keyboard. This way the users have a "one-touch softkey" to bring up the search with the onscreen keypad. Currently the only piece missing in this macro is the onscreen keyboard.

Thank you for the help.

Mickael BREST
Orange Business Services
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX configuration

Mickael BREST

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

For your first question I believe this is working as designed and has always looked at the root directory. A change to that would require a feature request.

For your second question the EFK can simulate most steps that you do manually on the phone. Have a look at Option 8 in this FAQ post here:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button / use EFK?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

You would need to check if using the OK key would then bring up the Keyboard.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Advisor

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your answers.

This is what I thought regarding the first issue, this means that we can't proceed with the idea of having subfolders with every software versions and a unique VVXLocalization (as even a newer VVXLocalization won't work properly for older software releases).

For my issue, I didn't find any "OK" function in the admin guide, would you have the name of this function ?

Regards,

Mickael BREST
Orange Business Services
Message 3 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hi Mickael BREST,

try the select function.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 5
Advisor

Hello Steffen,

Unfortunatelly the "Select" function didn't do the trick, seems like there's no way of bringing the onscreen keyboard by default.

Question regarding to user search, since 5.4.X, there is a new search function which uses keypad numbers to search for users in the directory, and this is the default search method, is there a way to bring the classic "Abc" search as default as it was previously ?

Thank you for your help.

Mickael BREST
Orange Business Services
Message 5 of 5