Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We are testing Polycom VVX400s with Office 365 Skype for Business/Teams.  The handset came with 5.4 loaded, so I factory reset the handset, connected it to the Polycom provisioning server and upgraded to 5.9.4 successfully.  I was able to sign into Office 365, and the handset worked perfectly fine.  I got an update popup, and it's downgraded itself to 5.6, although as far as I can see, all functionaltity is still there.  One thing that isn't clear from the documentation, is should I be setting up my own provisioning server, or should Microsoft be hosting this for me?  As ask, as my provisioning server is still pointing to Polycom in the phone's GUI, but I have no idea what I should be changing it to if Microsoft are hosting it.  My phone also does not appear in the 365 portal anywhere, which I suspect is related to the provisioning server.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @agility,

have a look at the FAQs. 😉

Feb 02, 2016 Question: How can I prevent a Poly Phone to be downgraded/upgraded automatically via Skype for Business and/or Office365?

Resolution: For Skype for Busines please download, unpack and import the attached LyncProvisionDeviceParams. For Skype for Business Online / O365 in addition please set the EnableDeviceUpdate to false as explained => here <=

HP Recommended

Hi @mshu, I'm fine with that bit, my question is more about what should I have set as the provisioning server on the handset?  It is currently still pointing to Polycom which I understand should only be for short periods of time, so I need to change it to something else.  If that something else is Microsoft, then I can't see anywhere in the documentation that tells me what URL/IP to use.  

HP Recommended

Hi,

well, depends on how many phones you have.

If you have only one phone you´ll have to maintain, keep the Polycom server and make updates if required (never change a running system). 😉

MSFT always has "old" software versions with their automatic device upgrades so I wouldn´t do that.

If you have many phones, you can provision them via FTP, TFTP,HTTP or even better with the Poly PDMS-E, a cloud-based managment plattform. With this platform, in addition, you will have many more features for your phones (Profiles, Rules, etc.). 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.