Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi , 

We bought 100 or more VVX201 model polycom phones to use with Skype for Business and rolled it out with version 5.5.2.8571 , Part # 3111-40450-001 Rev:A

almost all the phone have PC connected through it , and we do not use BTOE however the feature is enabled on the phones

Everything was pretty good until we found that polycom screens would freeze at random , ones the phone was frozen we could not use the phone 

- no calls would be received , nor can you dial out 

- You can web into the phone 

Since we could web into the phones we managed to grab the logs off frozen phones and below is the last bit .

After the BTOE errors the phone stops , as the time matches on the phone matches the logs time 

Do any of polycom uses face this issue , any idea why would this happen ? any solutions 

0725180458|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen253
0725180958|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen248
0725181458|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen252
0725181958|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen253
0725182458|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen248
0725182958|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen252
0725183458|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen253
0725183958|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen248
0725184458|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen252
0725184958|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen253
0725185458|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen248
0725185958|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen252
0725190458|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen253
0725190958|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen248
0725191458|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen253
0725191958|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen252
0725192458|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen248
0725192958|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen253
0725193458|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen252
0725193958|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen248
0725194458|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen253
0725194958|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen252
0725195458|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen248
0725195948|dns |5|00|Not adding DNS Querie name:manukau.ac.nz sDomain:manukau.ac.nz
0725195948|dns |5|00|Not adding DNS Querie name:manukau.ac.nz sDomain:manukau.ac.nz
0725195948|utilm|4|00|Failed to Convert MicroSoft Dial plan: ^[\+1]?0?(?:0?64)?(867\d{6,} 
0725195948|utilm|4|00|Failed to Convert MicroSoft Dial plan: ^8\d{4} 
0725195948|utilm|4|00|Failed to Convert MicroSoft Dial plan: ^2\d{7,9} 
0725195948|utilm|4|00|Failed to Convert MicroSoft Dial plan: ^[\+1]?0?(?:0?64)?(800)\d{6,} 
0725195948|utilm|4|00|Failed to Convert MicroSoft Dial plan: ^[\+1]?0?(?:0?64)?(508)\d{6,} 
0725195948|utilm|4|00|Failed to Convert all the MicroSoft(Lync) Dial plans
0725195949|ec |4|00|Exchange URL available in configure '<exchange.server exchange.server.url="0.0.0.0" />'
0725195958|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen253
0725200458|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen252
0725200958|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen248
0725201458|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen253
0725201958|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen252
0725202458|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen248
0725202958|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen253
0725203458|hw |5|00|Task ended without calling rtosTaskEnd() name=tTCPListen252
0725203655|btoe |4|00|PC Port is Down, Stop Pairing
0725203655|btoe |4|00|PC Port is Down, Stop Pairing
0725203655|btoe |5|00|4 Request Not Handled
0725203655|btoe |4|00|stopCall ppsBtoe.hSoCall handle is NULL
0725203655|btoe |4|00|PC Port is Down. Inform to APP UI
0725203655|app1 |*|00|AppC::updateBackLightAndTouchScrStates() - Backlight states - present - [2], previous - [0].
9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
By Shynel

Please get this into Polycom support

Replied via a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Shynel,

just to "officially" reply not via a mobile device.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi ,

It’s funny, I thought this was Polycom community support , where customers can collaborate and answer each other’s questions and maybe seek tech support from other users with similar or likely issues hence resolving there issue quickly rather than going to reseller. Note sure what the purpose is then for this community ?

In any case, this post had about 250 views indicating that quite a few Polycom users are interested in this , so just to let others know that for whatever reason BTOE was the culprit that was causing the phone VVX201 to freeze only when a PC is passing through the Polycom phone. When the PC NIC goes to sleep the BTOE seems to have an issue with it and freezes the entire phone ( but you can still web, SSH ) , note this used to happen very randomly 2-3 week apart.

Since we have turned off BTOE from Polycom , we had no freezing issue.

HP Recommended
Hello Shynel

You can do all that and other users are welcome to look at a post and respond if they know a solution.

As only Polycom itself can fix any potential issues we would need to follow the official route

This is all outlined in my signature and throughout the community.

Replied via a mobile device

HP Recommended

Hello Shynel, 

This has been a serious problem with the VVX line(I'm not sure about other product lines, as we only use 201s and 410s), but you would never know it from the lack of documented solutions.  Every post related to the issue usually derails with the moderator pointing the user back to their respective resellers.  When you say BTOE was the culprit, did you merely remove the BTOE client from the user's machine, or did you disable it in your config?

Kudos for finding a viable solution btw.

HP Recommended

Hello jowatson,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

I am unsure why mentioning the only viable solution aka us, Polycom, dealing with an issue in our software being a problem for a User.

This community is hosted by Polycom and any reported Problem can only be fixed by us. Asking a user to get this into support should not be to much to do as in reality we are most likely the only ones who can fix a problem.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I have browsed this community regarding this issue and all threads end with you directing users back to their resellers.  I'm not meaning that to be disrespectful, but a statement of fact. If you do not see an issue with the origional posters comments about this being a user forum for users to discuss their issues and why a moderator offering no troubleshooting steps other than "call your origional reseller", then I probably can't convey the level of frustration that it creates.  I'm not against you suggesting people leave their firmware versions or other relevenat information, but if Polycom is truely the only entinty that can troubleshoot all of the random issues it's products have then why have the forum at all?  Why not just have the link direct you to a Polycom pay for support site?  Lots of other forums allow their users to discuss issues, it just seems werid that this one discourages it.  (And yes, discourage it does.)

HP Recommended

Hello jowatson,

The initial post from the original poster was answered from my mobile phone whilst I was on holiday.

The fact in this BToE matter is that either the BToE Application running a yet unknown version on a yet unknown operating system on a yet unknown hardware may cause this issue to appear.

The 2nd part of the issue it is causing another Polycom product to freeze.

Both products are Polycom products so the chances are that one of them or the combination of both is somehow causing this isolated issue (I state isolated as usually nobody ever reports this via the outlined official channels).

In this case the logical conclusion should be to report this to us aka Polycom as I doubt you can simply fix this on your own.

Everybody is welcome to chat amongst themselves within this community and try and troubleshoot this yourselves.

The Skype for Business FAQ also includes a FAQ where you can change the BToE logging level so you can look at the logs as well.

I am unsure about your comment regarding us, Polycom, being the only entity that can troubleshoot a random issue.

We created the BToE Application that works with our Polycom phones so we are most likely the best people to try and fix this.

In addition support is free within the first year of purchasing a Polycom phone with a Skype for Business SKU (-019) so there should not be an issue about cost.

In addition you can purchase additional services after the warranty runs out for a fraction of the cost of a new phone so again there should not be an issue.

Also I am not suggesting to people to leave their software version this is an actual requirement for every new post as outlined in the must read first. No new post should be without this very basic and simple information.

I am not discouraging anyone from starting or continuing a conversation but if you expect a fix for something the quickest and most logical way is via our support team.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

Stating all of the above I spend all day yesterday with a customer on site who reported the freezing phone issue to Polycom support so I am looking into this.

This may not be the same as the original poster or yourself experienced so either continue the discussion amongst yourself or open a ticket.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello all,

We may have identified this issue as a mix of BToE, Windows 10 and Intel Network cards.

The 5.6.2.1593 release contains a fix for this based on officially reported issues where we have been able to replicate this.

• EN-60856 The VVX business media phone freezes when you sign in to Skype for Business
    client via BToE application.

The next 5.7.2 release will also include this fix and any new release after this.

If the above does not address anyone else issue please open a ticket as outlined in length within the community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.