Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a couple of VVX310 units with UC Software Version 5.5.2.8571 installed on them.

For some reason they freeze, cannot be used anymore and need a reboot to "solve" the issue.

They are registering on Skype for business server.

From the logs of the phones we get the following messages 

11:52:31.830  192.168.63.191  local0.info    Nov  3 08:01:46 192.168.63.191 000110.498|app1 |3|00|current cpu load =100,m_nStartDelay = 219
11:52:31.830  192.168.63.191  local0.info    Nov  3 08:01:46 192.168.63.191 000110.498|app1 |3|00|CPU is NOT stable and timeout NOT happened yet
11:52:32.315  192.168.63.191  local0.info    Nov  3 08:01:46 192.168.63.191 000110.996|app1 |3|00|current cpu load =100,m_nStartDelay = 218
11:52:32.315  192.168.63.191  local0.info    Nov  3 08:01:46 192.168.63.191 000110.996|app1 |3|00|CPU is NOT stable and timeout NOT happened yet

After about 8' the phone reboots.

Can we upgrade or do anything else to fix this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @AlexK,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I am not aware of such issue but maybe this is caused by the Codec being different internally in comparison with the one used externally.

I do not know any of your configuration and have not seen any logs so I am unable to comment.

If you using a vanilla config and can always replicate this please open a ticket with Polycom support.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @AlexK,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The latest currently supported version is UC Software 5.6.0 or UC Software 5.5.3 to answer your upgrade question.

We would need a few details from you on the below:

• Is this a day one issue or did this only happen on 5.5.2 ?
  • What kind of call state is the phone in when this happens? In a call or Idle?
  • Are you using BToE and what Version of BToE?
  • Is this Skype for Business online or a On prem server?
  • Have you changed the logging to show these or do they just appear in the logs?
  • Are there any coredumps uploaded to the server?

As you are one of our partners I suggest you escalate this into Polycom so we can look at this with the detail this requires.

And before I get shouted at for suggesting this to be escalated as a ticket....

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Stefen,

1) It is not a day one bug, the phone was working fine on 5.5.0 and were upgraded to 5.5.2 to solve the issue. As you can guess the problem persists even after the upgrade.

2) The phone was idle when the problem occured.

3) No, we don't use BToE.

4) On Premise.

5) Yes we have changed the log level to debug, here are the changes

Phone: Settings\Syslog\

Facility: 16

Render Level: Minor Error-> Debug

Prepend MAC: Disable

Phone: Settings\Logging

Global Settings:

Global Log Level Limit: Event 1/Debug-> Debug

Type: MDHms

Log to Standard Output : Disable

Log to File: Enable

Log File Size (Kbytes): 32K ή 180K

Log Files upload:

Upload Period (s): 86400 (1440 min=24h)

Append When Uploading: enable

Upload Append Size Limit (Kbytes): 512

Upload Append Limit Mode: Delete

Module Log Level Limits

All (83 items): Minor Error

Debug level:

Application

Configuration

Network

SIP

Skype for Business ABS

Server Log Level: off/server

6)  I don't have a core dump, only some syslogs. If you want I can pm you a link with a wetransfer link to check them.

HP Recommended

Hello @AlexK,

5.5.0 was never qualified so should not be used with Skype / LYNC.

We only qualified 5.5.1 and later.

As already stated we need to get this into support in order to be able to help you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

On last note which version is qualified for Skype for business?

I will contact support for anything more.

HP Recommended

Hello @AlexK,

We usually state this in the release notes but for 5.5.x it was only 5.5.1 that was initially qualified via 3PIP. Any follow up would be certified.

The current 5.6.0 is also Microsoft 3PIP qualified.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

We have upgraded the phones to 5.7.0.11768 and the problem seems to be fixed but we have a different problem.

When an internal call is received the phone has audio gaps at the begining of the conversation. After a couple of seconds the problem goes away. This is not happening if a call from an external line is answered. This call works fine.

HP Recommended

Hello @AlexK,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I am not aware of such issue but maybe this is caused by the Codec being different internally in comparison with the one used externally.

I do not know any of your configuration and have not seen any logs so I am unable to comment.

If you using a vanilla config and can always replicate this please open a ticket with Polycom support.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.