Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

As Office 365 users, we have been migrated by MS from Skype Entreprise to Teams.

We've got VVX 410 running 5.7.0.14430 , and it is connected to a Teams Account.

Our main problem is when a call comes, it is put on a queue, whose calls are allocated to a group (3 people) and the phones rings simultaneously.

Our assistant is supposed to take the call with the VVX410, but any of us can (with our Teams softphone and heaset) as there is this queue.

When taking a call from the queue, it seems it will be taken, disappears from the queue, and then comes back to the queue. The phone is incapable to take it properly.

More over:

• Incoming team Internal calls have a very bad quality, but it almost works
  • Incoming external calls can be answered, but nobody hears what we are saying

Is there a stable and working software version for this phone who allows to work with Teams properly?

I tried 5.9.0.9373 also, but it is unstable, and my phone goes back to the previous UC Software version.

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi vandepj0,

This sounds like an issue that Microsoft had identified with their service. It has since been resolved, but the fix may not have rolled out to your tenant yet.

Do you manage your call queues in the Teams Admin portal (at https://admin.teams.microsoft.com), or through the Skype for Business admin center? If your call queues are still managed through the SfB admin center, your tenant has not yet been migrated to the new platform. If this is the case, you will simply need to wait.

As far as 5.9.0.9373 being "unstable", that is the firmware I'm running on my VVX 411 and I haven't had any issues (although admittedly, I don't use it for much other than testing). If you can give us more details about the problem you're seeing, we might be able to give you some better advice.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

And here is the last log of the phone

HP Recommended

And I don't know why, the phone keep going back to the 5.6.0.17325 UC software version without notice.

HP Recommended

Hello @vandepj0 ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

Both the communities Must Read First and the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

Feb 02, 2016 Question:How can I prevent a Poly Phone to be downgraded/upgraded automatically via Skype for Business and/or Office365?

Resolution:For Skype for Busines please download, unpack and import the attached LyncProvisionDeviceParams. For Skype for Business Online / O365 in addition please set the EnableDeviceUpdate to false as explained => here <=

In order to raise a support ticket for someon to look at your log you need to work with your Poly reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen,

As this was not my main concern, I had not looked precisely how to avoid being downgraded automatically.

Tomorrow I will try new firmwares, but this migration to Teams is a real headache...

HP Recommended

Hi vandepj0,

This sounds like an issue that Microsoft had identified with their service. It has since been resolved, but the fix may not have rolled out to your tenant yet.

Do you manage your call queues in the Teams Admin portal (at https://admin.teams.microsoft.com), or through the Skype for Business admin center? If your call queues are still managed through the SfB admin center, your tenant has not yet been migrated to the new platform. If this is the case, you will simply need to wait.

As far as 5.9.0.9373 being "unstable", that is the firmware I'm running on my VVX 411 and I haven't had any issues (although admittedly, I don't use it for much other than testing). If you can give us more details about the problem you're seeing, we might be able to give you some better advice.

HP Recommended

Many thanks rgsteele,

I have been rolled out on Teams Queue this week, and it appears to be working! The problem was on Microsoft side, their Teams Queue not working properly with 3PIP Polycom phone.

For the stability of the 5.9.0.9373, it's all my fault, I had not been able to desactivate the auto updating of firmware by Skype. Also Solved thanks to Stephen. 

Ouf, merci à tous!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.