I put a new VVX410 phone in service about 2 months ago and noticed a couple of problems right away:
1) Major: It cannot dial a zero once it is in a call. This means if a voice tree says "press 0 to
reach...", I can't do it. The zero works find when intiating a call, it's just when the call is in
progress that it does nothing. I did "Keypad diagnostics" from the Test Hardware menu and it tests
2) Minor: It won't remember what time zone it's in, always corrects itself back to GMT.
I wanted to update its firmware to try to fix the 0 problem and use its web interface for that and to fix the time settings, and disovered a third problem:
3) I cannot browse to its IP address. I confirmed the IP address on the phone. When I set it up a couple of months ago, this was working. I re-enabled DHCP per this post here
to/td-p/59998 and rebooted the phone, and no go.
Updater version is 18.104.22.16822
I appreciate any assistance!
Solved! Go to Solution.
I can't seem to find a GA version of UCS that cooresponds to that updater version. If possable can you install a GA version and see if you are still having the issues? Maybe try a factory reset to see if that will get you access to the HTTP UI.
Lync/SfB 5.3.1 or 5.4.0A
It is aways helpful to include the phone software version and what PBX you are using.
Hello Kirsten at Museum,
welcome to the Polycom Community.
As already outlined by James it is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.
Please also include if you are using a SIP server or a LYNC server
This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.
The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"
Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:
Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here
In regards to your issue I would assume the Payload of the Phone used for DTMF or the type of DTMF is wrongly setup.
Not knowing much detail about who setup the phone and who programmed make sit more difficult to advise.
Is this for all Numbers that require DTMF tones or only some.
Oct 7, 2011 Question: Phone unable to send DTMF to an IVR system or how to troubleshoot DTMF issues
Resolution: Please check => here <=
Have a look at the above as this explains how we can use different types of sending DTMF and also different payloads.
I suggest you work with whoever provides the service to you.
Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.
Polycom Global Services
Thank you James. I will try the factory reset.
Sorry -- I thought "Updater version" was the phone's software version. I obviously misread something somewhere.
PBX environment: Calls come in over PRIs to an AudioCodes Mediant Gateway 1000 and then route to Lync Server 2013. There is still an Avaya PBX in the mix. We are in the process of retiring our Avaya S8800. Only a handful DIDs remain on the Avaya; the Mediant passes those few to the PBX. This phone's DID is not on the Avaya so it's being handled only by the Mediant --> Lync.
Thank you, James and Steffen! I have success! After upgrade to UC Software version
5.4.0A.10192 SFB-Lync Only, I can dial a zero in the call and it remembers which time zone it
is in! Along the way, I learned how to re-enable the Web interface after the phone is signed
I want to mark both your responses as the solution because they were both helpful, but the option got taken away once I marked James's.
Here are the steps I took for anyone else who might have this problem and cares for the full rundown:
1) Factory reset. Could browse to IP in Chrome (but not IE) and set the time zone and Lync base profile. Signed into Lync on the phone. Test call: could not press 0 in active call. Also could not browse to IP. Signed out of Lync, lost ability to browse to IP.
2) Factory reset again so I could browse to IP in Chrome. Checked for Software Upgrade. "Current software version" was 22.214.171.12436. Checked for updates on Polycom Hosted Server and applied update to 126.96.36.19941. Browsed to IP successfully. Signed in to Lync and could no longer browse. Made a test phone call: can't dial zero once in the call.
3) Factory reset once more so I could browse to IP in Chrome. The next available software update is called "5.4.0A.10192 SFB-Lync Only." We do not yet have Skype for Business and I could find no information on the Polycom site or in a general web search to determine whether this would be helpful, but applied it anyway.
4) Browsed to IP, set time zone and Lync base profile. Signed in to Lync. Could dial zero in a call! Learned how to re-enable browse to IP: On the phone, Home > Settings > Advanced and sign in. Administration Settings > 13 Web Server Configuration and enable Web Config Mode for HTTP/HTTPS. Save Config when prompted. Phone restarts. Tested OK.
Phone Model VVX 410
Part Number 3111-46162-001 Rev:A
UC Software Version 188.8.131.5282
Updater Version 184.108.40.20637
PBX environment: Calls come in over PRIs to an AudioCodes Mediant Gateway 1000 and then route to Lync Server 2013. There is still an Avaya PBX in the mix. We are in the process of retiring our Avaya S8800. Only a handful DIDs remain on the Avaya; the Mediant passes those few to the PBX. This phone's DID is not on the Avaya so it's being handled only by the Mediant --> Lync Server.
IE, Newer versions of IE don't like self signed certificates where the host names don't match. There are a few ways to get IE to work if you search arounf on the net.
On 220.127.116.1136 they pulled it right after release. They used to have up this warning.
"UCS 5.4.0 WARNING:
Due to a serious DTMF related issue discovered just after posting UCS 18.104.22.16836, Polycom has made the decision to REMOVE this version of UC Software and replace it with UCS 22.214.171.12441. As a result, UCS 126.96.36.19936 is NO LONGER SUPPORTED. If you have downloaded UCS 188.8.131.5236, please replace it with UCS 184.108.40.20641 as soon as possible.?