Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX600 Firmware Reverts back to older version

Occasional Contributor

VVX600 Firmware Reverts back to older version

I'm running a VVX600 using Skype4B on Office 365. I'm trying to upgrade to 5.4.2. The firmware upgrade works; it goes through. However, after the upgrade, immediately the phone says, there's a newer version. The version it wants to upgrade is 5.4.0A and it eventually reverts back after I have pressed Cancel.

1. Using Skype4B on Office 365, should we upgrade to 5.4.2? Is it recommended?

2. Why does this revert back? And can we stop that from happening?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX600 Firmware Reverts back to older version

Hello RedShirt_IT,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Skype for Business or Office 365 server can inbound provision a Polycom phone and therefore also upgrade or in your case downgrade the firmware to a level determined by the administrator.

In order to prevent this simply unpack the attached file and import this via the Web Interface.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Occasional Contributor

Re: VVX600 Firmware Reverts back to older version

This doesn't seem to work any more.

<LYNCUpdate device.set="1" device.prov.lyncDeviceUpdateEnabled.set="1" device.prov.lyncDeviceUpdateEnabled="0"/>

Are these the correct settings?

Message 3 of 3