Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I keep getting the following errors in VVX400/500/600 phone logs:

0524084917|cfg  |4|00|Web|[cfgSaProcessRequestC] Failed to download language file from provisioning server, request path Website_dictionary_language_en-gb.xml
0524084917|utilm|4|00|uBLFCompressed: File /ffs0/languages/Website_dictionary_language_en-gb.xml.zzz does not exist or is empty 
0524084917|cfg  |4|00|Web|[cfgSaProcessRequestC] Website_dictionary_language_en-gb.xml Language file doesn't exist in cache
0524084917|cfg  |4|00|Web|[cfgSaProcessRequestC] Website_dictionary_language_en-gb.xml Language file doesn't exist in phone flash

on my FTP site that the phones downloads the configuration from there is a directory called languages - but there is no Website_dictionary_language_en-gb.xml in there

(1) Where can i get the file called: Website_dictionary_language_en-gb.xml? -- its not in the split cabs firmware file

(2) is the correct this to do to put it in a directory called languages on the FTP?

thanks

jack

Firmware Version: 5.4.4.2473

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Jack,

Cab files would be installed on the LYNC Server so a local Provisioning server would need the:

• VVXLocalization (Used for the phone Gui language
  • languages (Used for the Web Interface language

A split or combined firmware download should have these directories.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffen,

thanks for your reply.

i miss-typed - i do not use the cabs. I use the splits file on my FTP provisioning server. FTP Root/languages

in the firmware download there is no file called Website_dictionary_language_en-gb.xml

these are the files in the firmware (from the Firmware download):

Website_dictionary_language_ar-ae.xml
Website_dictionary_language_da-dk.xml
Website_dictionary_language_de-de.xml
Website_dictionary_language_en-in.xml
Website_dictionary_language_es-es.xml
Website_dictionary_language_fr-ca.xml
Website_dictionary_language_fr-fr.xml
Website_dictionary_language_it-it.xml
Website_dictionary_language_ja-jp.xml
Website_dictionary_language_ko-kr.xml
Website_dictionary_language_nl-nl.xml
Website_dictionary_language_no-no.xml
Website_dictionary_language_pl-pl.xml
Website_dictionary_language_pt-br.xml
Website_dictionary_language_ru-ru.xml
Website_dictionary_language_sl-si.xml
Website_dictionary_language_sv-se.xml
Website_dictionary_language_zh-cn.xml
Website_dictionary_language_zh-tw.xml

thanks

jack

HP Recommended

Hello Jack,

I now understand your issue as I can see this error message as well in some of my older logs.

I am currently unable to replicate this on a vanilla VVX500 running 5.4.4 so the question would be what are you doing on the phone to trigger this?

I tried both OpenSIP and LYNC Base profile but so far the error has not yet occurred.so any help is appreciated.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I am running Skype 4 Bunsiness 2015 on prem (so Lync profile)

i have an FTP setver configured on DHCP 160. Default UserName/Password.

Firmware version: 5.4.4.2473 on a VVX500.

if you want i can send you my cfg file on a private message?

i am not sure what else i can tell you

does the file Website_dictionary_language_en-gb.xml exist? its not in the firmware on your website?

what Language do you set your phone to? maybe that is why this error is not showing?

thanks

jack

FirmwareFirF

HP Recommended

Hello Jack,

I simply sign into LYNC / Skype but have neither touched the phones language nor the Web Interface language.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Steffen

i am unsure as to what the next step is to resolve this issue.

its unlikely i am the only person having this problem

thanks

jack

HP Recommended

Hello Jack,

Are you changing the web interface language and if yes into what and how are you doing it.

If it affects the serviceability of the phone you need to raise this via your reseller so we in support can look at it.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.