Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

What is the "Meet Now" button meant to do on the Trio 8800?

Visitor

What is the "Meet Now" button meant to do on the Trio 8800?

We have a RealPresence Trio 8800 connected to a Visual+ with our on-prem installation of Skype for Business 2015. On the Trio there is a button labelled "Meet now" but when I press it, it tells me that I am waiting in the lobby.

What is this button supposed to do? 

UC Software Version 5.9.0.10869

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: What is the "Meet Now" button meant to do on the Trio 8800?

Hello @christianMDU ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

This starts an AVMCU call. Usually, you would get an announcement but it seems something is set up incorrectly or restricted on the account you are using. 

I suggest you consult with Microsoft.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: What is the "Meet Now" button meant to do on the Trio 8800?

This button starts what Microsoft refers to as an "impromptu" or "ad hoc" meeting: Start an impromptu Skype for Business meeting

I'm not sure why you would get a message that you are waiting in the lobby when attempting to start an ad hoc meeting. Perhaps you need to check the settings in the conferencing policy that has been granted to the account the device is signed in with.

Message 3 of 3