Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

can i upgrade a normal vxx 310 to skype for business firmware

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor

can i upgrade a normal vxx 310 to skype for business firmware

we are planing to use hosted pbx solutions until MS skype for Business cloud pbx is available to our country.

we are planning to buy VXX 310 phones and we would like to know if we can convert them to the skype for business version later when the service will be available. 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: can i upgrade a normal vxx 310 to skype for business firmware

Hello

Any phone can be placed into the Lync base profile but you must purchase a POLYCOM per device Lync license for every phone not purchased as Lync or Skype for Business SKU

This is explained in the FAQ

Replied via a mobile device
----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Message 2 of 4
Visitor

thanks for your prompt reply.

do you know if i need to buy the firmware or it just works out of the box or you download it for free from polycom support site?

i found out that the skype for business vxx 310 needs to be order with a different order code.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello

Any phone can be placed into the Lync base profile but you must purchase a POLYCOM per device Lync license for every phone not purchased as Lync or Skype for Business SKU

This is explained in the FAQ

Replied via a mobile device
----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4