Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

certificate web service cannot be found - CX 500, CX 600

Occasional Advisor

certificate web service cannot be found - CX 500, CX 600

Hi Friends,

We have polycom CX500, CX 600 phones on our network and suddenly some standalone phones ( which are not getting registered to Lync server using the AD credentials) which use 4 digit phone numbers and a 6 digit pin number are getting disconnected. 

When i try to connect them back, they give me the "Certifiate Web Service Cannot be found" error. Request you to give me your valuable suggestions. Appreciate all the help i get.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee

Re: certificate web service cannot be found - CX 500, CX 600

hi Vijaya,
Have you checked the DHCP options for the phone and NTP settings ?
Regards,
Karthik Sivaram

Please remember to "Kudo" a post that helped you and / or "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Vijaya ,

Polycom and other manufacturers produce these optimized for Microsoft® Lync® or Skype® for Business devices after a reference design and the embedded OS running on the phones is provided, supported and maintained by our partner Microsoft®.

You therefore may want to reach out to the Microsoft® community and / or Microsoft® support directly instead as this is the most direct and efficient path.

Polycom is unable to add any new features into the functionality of these CX Devices

Please try here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 5
Occasional Advisor

Hi Karthik,

I checked the DHCP options and NTP options. I do have some phones already working fine with the DHCP options in place. Only few phones are throwing me this error. So, i am being clueless here.

Message 4 of 5
Polycom Employee

hi Vijaya,

Are you running the same firmware version on the working and non working phones ?

You could also follow Steffen Baier's advice above and reach out to Microsoft .

Hope this helps!
Regards,
Karthik Sivaram

Please remember to "Kudo" a post that helped you and / or "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 5 of 5