Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

after upgrading VVX 311 and VVX 501 from version 5.8.1.6389 to 6.0.0.4796, Skype for Business online users can't login them.

I did the approval procedure by Office 365 admin portal and checked that Polycom-Skype for Business Certified Phone app is enable to the sign-in

In attachment the logs of a VVX 311 phone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks @SteffenBaierUK for you prompt reply

I'm going to upload the firmware 5.9.3.2489 (the isn't any note about sign-in issues)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @,

please downgrade to 5.9.3. again. The newest version 6.0 does not support SfB, only SIP. Have a look at the release notes first before you update any device!

https://support.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom-support/products/voice/business-media-phones/release...

HP Recommended

Hello @almas7 ,

welcome back to the Poly Community.

I usually suggest to check the release notes prior to installing the software as the UC Software 6.0.0 release notes => here <= clearly state that the software is not supported on Skype for Business Online.

This is not a decision made by Poly and enforced by our partner Microsoft.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks @SteffenBaierUK for you prompt reply

I'm going to upload the firmware 5.9.3.2489 (the isn't any note about sign-in issues)

HP Recommended

Hello @almas7 

from the release Notes page 2:

UC Software 6.0.0 Support

Polycom UC Software 6.0.0 supports the following Polycom endpoints.

Phone Support                                                                 

Skype for Business

Skype for                  Business

Phone Model

On-Premises

OpenSIP

VVX 101 business media phone

No

No

Yes

VVX 201 business media phone

No

No

Yes

VVX 301/311 business media phones

No

No

Yes

VVX 401/411 business media phones

No

No

Yes

VVX 501 business media phones

No

No

Yes

VVX 601 business media phones

No

No

Yes

This shows no support for Skype for Business Online. The no for Skype for Business On-Premises is due to Microsoft not testing the Software.

We, Poly, Support our customers with issues requiring upgrading to UC SOftware 6.0.0.

I also mention this here:

Dec 6, 2011 Question: What Phone Models support the LYNC 2010, LYNC 2013, Microsoft Office365, Skype for Business Online or Teams?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Again this is not a decision that Poly makes and is depending on Microsoft blocking any other User Agent other than 3PIP approved Software.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Interesting, guess that means that it can work. I connect fine with firmware version 6.0.0.x to my CallTower hosted Skype 4 Business cloud provider.

Not sure why it works...but it does.

HP Recommended

Just an FYI that the responses telling the original poster that the documentation clearly specified that 6.0.0 is not supported for S4B might be a bit misleading. 

6.0.0 was supported with S4B when it released. I know because I downloaded the CAB files myself from the firmware page and deployed 6.0.0 to some phones. It has been working. I'm not sure when it was pulled from Polycom and the documentation was amended, but I had no idea about this until today when I looked again and came in this forum to see what was up.

HP Recommended

Hello @stevensarginson ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

There are two different things.

• Poly may release Maintenance and/or Major releases for their customers with issues regarding Skype for Business

• Microsoft will 3PIP qualify software

UC Software 6.0.0 was not 3PIP certified so we should usually not release Cab files for this.

Apologize if this caused confusion in the field.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.