Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Richard,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

In addition as you can see none of the original posters or people replying have gotten back to this post confirming that they raised this with Polycom support.

Without this we are unfortunately unable to recreate the issue and fix this in case it is broken.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

we got the same problem with VVX400 and Lync Firmware Version 5.3.0.

When a user initiates a consultative transfer the transfer fails when he trys to transfer the inbound call to the transfer target. The call is dropped. The problem is user-specific and affects just a couple of users. Consultative Transfer via Soft-Client works fine instead.

We get the following error-messages on the phone-log:

0804160318|cfg |5|00|Prm|Parameter voIpProt.SIP.allowTransferOnProceeding requested type 2 but is of type 0
0804160338|cfg |5|00|Prm|Parameter call.autoAnswer.SIP requested type 2 but is of type 7
0804160339|ice |4|00|ICE Event Callback - Unhandled event 452 chan 559
0804160339|ice |4|00|ICE Event Callback - Unhandled event 452 chan 560
0804160341|ice |4|00|ICE Event Callback - Unhandled event 452 chan 559
0804160341|so |4|00|soStream: RTCP PacketLength extends past end of buffer. Type=100 PLen-4=57988 Pos=32 BLen=59
0804160400|ice |4|00|ICE Event Callback - Unhandled event 452 chan 562
0804160400|ice |4|00|ICE Event Callback - Unhandled event 452 chan 563
0804160400|cfg |5|00|Prm|Parameter voIpProt.SIP.allowTransferOnProceeding requested type 2 but is of type 0
0804160402|ice |4|00|ICE Event Callback - Unhandled event 452 chan 562
0804160406|cfg |5|00|Prm|Parameter call.autoAnswer.SIP requested type 2 but is of type 7
0804160407|ice |4|00|ICE Event Callback - Unhandled event 452 chan 565
0804160407|ice |4|00|ICE Event Callback - Unhandled event 452 chan 566
0804160409|ice |4|00|ICE Event Callback - Unhandled event 452 chan 565

On Lync-Servers the trasferred call throws the following error:

10006 - Failure when processing the SDP from the proxy, i.e. parsing failures,  incompatible codes, lack of SDP, etc.

HP Recommended

apologies for hijacking this thread but I have the same issue.  Transferring external calls from outside to inside ossasionally fail and drop.  We use a cloud based UCS setup and the cloud vendor has no ideas.  Phones are VVX400's with 5.3.1.0436

Anyone figure anything out here yet?

HP Recommended

Amazing that these phones have such a critical issue with such a basic feature...  😞

I am currently dealing with the same problem with a majority of our VVX 310s.

UC Firmware:  5.3.1.0436

BToE is running on the users attempting to recieve a transferred call.  Version 3.1

Front desk team is NOT on BToE (due to numerous issues on sending a transferred call)

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated...Since I am considering dumping all the phones out right!  😕

HP Recommended

Hello rnladva,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The latest Software for the VVX phones is 5.4.0A

In addition we archived full Microsoft 3PIP qualification so any issues found by end users are outside of the official Microsoft testing.

In cases like this we, Polycom, always advise the customers to raise a Support Ticket via their Polycom reseller.

Without users like yourself or prior posters doing so we, Polycom, are unable to verify and then therefore rectify these issues.

So please go ahead and work with your Polycom reseller and open a Polycom service ticket.

Without doing this you deprive yourself and other users of giving us the opportunity in attempting to fix this or provide a workaround or escalate back to Microsoft in case they violate the RFC for some reason.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

did you manage to resolve this? I have similar issue with transfering external calls.

external >> VVX>>external consultative transfer not working for me.

HP Recommended

Is there any update on this issue? Having same problem with a VVX 410 on latest software release.

HP Recommended

Hello Steve,

the term "latest software" means nothing once we release a new one so please make it a habit when posting to actually provide the build number you are using.

In addition it was outlined to various posters in this old post already to open a support ticket with Polycom as this is the ONLY way we can look at the issue and address this.

To my knowledge nobody in this post has done this or at least the never bothered to provide an update.

In order for you to proceed please do this:

• Open a Ticket with your Polycom reseller ensuring you have a valid Skype / LYNC Phone SKU or proof of the relevant per device LYNC License from Polycom

or

• Provide me with your Phone MAC Address so I can tell you who your relevant reseller is

Without the above we cannot address this and are unable to fix anything.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Serial number and version

s/n - 0004F271B3A8

version- 5.4.0.10182

Can you advise me more info about the s/n like if it's under maintenance and if so what level of maintenance and if it would cover opening a ticket on this issue?

HP Recommended

Hello Steve,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

The above outlines the Polycom support structure.

Your Phone, the VVX410 in question, was sold in 26/02/2016 via Westcon in Australia.

Any issues therefore must be raised via Westcon and they will then raise a Polycom support ticket with Polycom in the APAC region.

In regards of maintenance or warranty.

You always get a one year manufacturers warranty but depending on the region around the world the reseller may apply a local warranty.

There are certain offers in regards of maintenance the Polycom can sell via your Polycom reseller.

If the unit is out of warranty you can always open a Pay Per Incident ticket and pay for support.

I can see that 5 separate service tickets where tried to be raised on this MAC address and our agents already had explained to whoever raised the tickets how they need to work with the reseller.

Lastly UC Software 5.4.0 is no longer a supported version. Please upgrade to UC Software 5.4.4 or 5.4.3 as we always only support current and -1

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.