Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

<LYNCUpdate device.set="1" device.prov.lyncDeviceUpdateEnabled.set="1" device.prov.lyncDeviceUpdateEnabled="0"/>

lyncDeviceUpdateEnabledOFF.cfg

Ok I read, like you asked and found my answer, above.

Now, I have a VVX410. Lync Profile enabled

just updated to "Polycom_UC_Software_5_4_2_rts12_D_release_sig_combined"

the web interface says...

UC Software Version 5.4.2.2834 Updater Version 5.6.2.2542

Everything works perfectly...

Windows Server 2016 TP4 / Skype for Business 16.0.4312 / BToE 3.3 / PDC 1.0

after the update I see a new text label on the phone "Dev Updt"

it's information says,

Current Version: 5.4.2.2834
Version on the Server 5.4.0.10182
Inactivity Timeout: 900 sec

I"m asked to reboot for the update; if I DON'T the phone will reboot on its own (at 15min.) and DOWNGRADE from 5.4.2 to 5.4.0.10182

Now my question...

This is my first Polycom phone and I've only used the Phone's Menus and Web App to set it up... and I can update from Polycom's Provisioning server or an FTP I setup (just extracted the UC download to ftproot and pointed the phone at it).

Please show me how to get that *.cfg file imported/working., as your faq says. I tried coping it to the "Config" folder, of the 5.4.2 files, extracted to my ftp, just before updating, but I still get the "Dev Updt" and the phone will reboot (after 15min) and DOWNGRADE form 5.4.2.2834 to 5.4.0.10182

This is a standalone phone I purchased from a guy that upgraded to a VVX500. I did a Reset to Factory, changed the default password, and went from there.  I don't have a dealer... I just have a great Polycon Phone.

Best Regards,

Sanyo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Follow up: I IMPORTED the file from the web app (instead of copying it) and it renamed itself to the phones MAC address-web.cfg and it LOOK like it applied itself after I rebooted the phone... The device update has gone and I am still on the 5.4.2 update....

If you're not paying attention the Microsoft Server will DOWNGRADE and your Provisioning Server will Upgrade and the phone will be stuck in a LOOP up Upgrade/Downgrade/Upgrade/Downgrade....

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Follow up: I IMPORTED the file from the web app (instead of copying it) and it renamed itself to the phones MAC address-web.cfg and it LOOK like it applied itself after I rebooted the phone... The device update has gone and I am still on the 5.4.2 update....

If you're not paying attention the Microsoft Server will DOWNGRADE and your Provisioning Server will Upgrade and the phone will be stuck in a LOOP up Upgrade/Downgrade/Upgrade/Downgrade....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.