Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

hi, i am having trouble signing in to skype for business (office 365) on my polycom realpresence trio but have not had any success so far. I enter my details as i normally would on the normal skype for business desktop client but on the device it just shows the signing in message on the screen forever untill i cancel it . Any ideas ? are there any adfitional settings which are required to be entered into the device prior to signing in ?

any help would be much aprecited 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello daniels123,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Also did you verify the time server as replied by yourself => here <= ?

Please post a log of the phone when trying to sign in.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

hi,

uc version = 5.4.3.2007

i have set my time swerver correctly as shown in the screenshot i have attached.

i have uploaded the log as a series of screenshots to the following dropbox link as  there is a lot in the log.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gr0cica5shoilt1/AAApcMN8u17tx5_DblA1mQbna?dl=0

Hope that infomation helps

Thanks

Daniel

HP Recommended

Hello Daniel,

looking at the screenshots of your log I cannot see the phone receiving the correct time server.

The time is still being displayed in Linux time and you should notice this looking at the Trio display as it would not show the current time.

Your network team should really setup the NTP options via DHCP or allow the phone to lookup the provided NTP server.

The phone states in the log "Could not find IP Addess for SNTP Server"

The FAQ contains these posts:

Jan 28, 2013 Question: Time and Date flashing or unable to set time correctly

Resolution: Please check => here <=

and

Aug 24, 2015 Question:What basic network data is send and received by a Polycom phone?

Resolution: Please check this post => here <=

I could not find a record internally for the MAC address of the phone so I am unable to suggest what UK reseller you should contact if you need a service ticket raised.

You are having some basic network issues which you or your IT team should be able to solve.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

thanks for your reply ,

I have spoken to my colleague who is going to look into the ntp server issue, we will see if that fixes the issue.

thanks 

daniel

HP Recommended

After confirming that the time server is being provided via DHCP , i then made sure that the device was set to use the DHCP time server. After that there was then evidence of the time servers ip being picked up within the phones log. However im still not able to sign in and the error which i am recieving quite a bnit throught the log is 

"doDnsSrvLookupForARecordList              found no record"

any ideas on this ?

thanks 

Daniel

HP Recommended

Hello Daniel,

I suggest you post the whole log as we from support know what to look for.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

hi, here are the screenshots of the log

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5y8ldx8qh193gbt/AACqjei4kRRfgrnsdPx5KpJca?dl=0

hope it helps

thanks

Daniel

HP Recommended

Hello Daniel,

Again you could simply check the logs where you blanked out your organisations details and see that the error you are getting is "found no records" and in addition "invalid STS-URI"

There are fundamental problems in your setup and by following our Partner Microsoft's freely available advise your organisation should setup your environment in order to cater for phones.

There seems to be Option 43 and/or Option 120 missing and in addition various required DNS records.

Polycom does offer chargeable services to ensure your network is ready for Skype for Business so please contact a Polycom sales representative.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.