Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

questions on Trio 8800/Skype video conferencing

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

questions on Trio 8800/Skype video conferencing

Good morning/afternoon/evening everybody. We are demoing the Trio 8800 and so far this thing is absolutely fantastic. We are all good with calling internally and externally, and the sound/video quality is fantastic. The higher ups are coming at me with assinine questions now though. I've been able to find the answers to most of them, but there's one question that I can't seem to find any answers for.

I know by default, if somebody has joined the video call and does not have video, it will switch to a blank screen when they are talking. Aside from muting that person from the Trio and effectively blocking it from switching to video (as well as blocking them from being able to talk), is there any way to make it not switch to video for people that don't have video while still hearing them on the audio?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: questions on Trio 8800/Skype video conferencing

Hello balexander,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

To my knowledge this is how LYNC / Skype for business works as it always sends the current speaker.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: questions on Trio 8800/Skype video conferencing

Thank you for the quick response. That's about what I figured, just wanted to make sure I heard it from somebody with deeper knowledge of things. Thank you again

Message 3 of 3