Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We run a hosted a Skype for Business solution. We have had many different users have this issue and it normally seems to happen with VVX410s and VVX500s. We sync the outlook/domain passwords to be the same account and password for Skype but some users seem to always get that message even though outside of the Polycom phone they can access the calender through the skype app just fine its only the phone that is having issues and keeps prompting the warning message.

This has been happening on 5.4 firmware versions. I have already opened a ticket with Polycom but just because we are really looking to get this resolved I was wondering if anyone else had this issue and knows of any work around or way to fix it. I tried disabling exchange altogether on the Polycom but it still happens for these users.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

We had a similar issue with this. I believe it came down to the fact that is was trying to authenticate against Exchange using the users SAM account name, rather than a UPN... I'll look back through my notes and see if I can remember how we got around this.

HP Recommended

Awesome thanks! 

HP Recommended

Also when you checked the logs for when it happened did it show the SAM account name? When I check the Polycom logs it will show the UPN being used to try and authenticate to Exchange 

HP Recommended

Hello Raxx,

Did you see my reply to your other post => here <= ?

In addition what is your Polycom service ticket reference?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Appreciate this is an old post however does not seem to have a resolution. Ive been working on some Trio8800 and VVX410 with the latest firmware 5.5.2.11338 and 5.6.0.17325 respectively. I found that when signing in the sign in address authenticated to SfB be it online or onprem. Whereas the user field value was used for Exchange sign in. So if putting a local domain and then pre 2000 username in domain and user fields, in situations where mail had been moved to O365 then this failed to pick up EWS settings. 

This then worked when leaving the domain field blank and entering the sign in address (SIP)/primary SMTP address of the O365 account in both sign in address and user fields. In most deployments we match SIP, Sign in, UPN, Primary SMTP etc. 

Might be obvious to some but had me stumped for a while. 

HP Recommended

How did you sort this out in the end?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.